Can you recommend a motorcycle lift

I use the Clarke CML3 Foot Pedal Operated Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift bought from Machine Mart during one of their "No VAT" deals. It seems strong and stable with a good working height.

Cost was £441, but £42 of that was for delivery. You can always check with your local store and if they have it in stock you can collect for free - but it's a 2-man lift at a push and would need a large estate car as a minimum.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cml3-hydraulic-motorcylce-lift/

I recommend the sealey bench lift, got mine for £200 off ebay 15 years ago, but probably dearer now, had all sorts of bikes on it upto a K1200LT, makes motorcycle maintenance so much easier!

R1100RT by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Attachments

• Sealey MC400 stock image.jpg
    Sealey MC400 stock image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 572
  • Sealey bike lift mc400 data.jpg
    Sealey bike lift mc400 data.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 558
Advantage of a bench is that although it takes up space it is no more than that of a motorbike and you can leave a bike parked up on it (so in reality it takes up no space).

If you store a bike on it it is easy to use a lock to secure it to the bench so it is more difficult to shift.

I have one of the Clarke benches that is well over 10 years old and still fine (touchwood)

I bought this Clarke, but it was specifically to get both wheels off the ground to remove forks and swing arm as part of the refurb.

It's ok, but not as good as a bench lift if it's just for general maintenance.

Still, for £130 it's helped me out :thumb

Attachments

• 20190211_184704.jpg
    20190211_184704.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 523
Go for the Eazy-Rizer, it lifts from underneath the bike as opposed to some that lift from the side. I use the smaller 'Red' but that copes well with my Harley and stores away very neatly. The table is my optional extra and as usual the pic is upside down :blast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 479
Cheers folks, the big blue option does it secure to the frame of the bike, just that if you wanted to swap out the clutch would it be ok with splitting the bike in two do you think? I have been looking at videos on the system but cant really find any when used with the GS.

To lift an RT, there are clamps that go over the footpads and a flat bit that sits under the engine. I'd give them a ring, they are really helpful. You are supporting the bike under the engine, so you wouldn't be able to do an engine swap, or take it out. Its ok for wheels off and for cleaning :)

With the Easy-Rizer lifts there is an option to fit arms that lift via the wheels thus allowing engine removal unhindered; albeit not much use for the 'frameless" BMW's where everything is bolted to the engine :blast

Back
Top Bottom