Baden Baden

DC

Reaction score
doing a one night stop mid july in Baden Baden enroute to Alps. Riding down from Europort so Baden Baden is far enough. Will stop over here, then be fresh for a quick spin down the B500. Possible stop in the same place enroute back to the boat too

Anybody got any hotel recommendations ? 3 star more than 5 star just a basic B and B type place . Seen one some where advertised as owned by Bikers ......cant find it though .

Cheers in Advance

You could try pension williams in seebach, its about 40 minutes south of B-B.

I stayed here last August. I used it exactly as you're suggesting you're planning. Good food, reasonable prices and clean, modern rooms. Bike is safe with parking right beside the hotel. It's very quiet though. 10min from the A5. Like you, after leaving London the same day that's enough for me in one day, distance wise (900km).

I booked through Hotel DE

★★★★

HOTEL DE stars

Breitmattstub

Jahnstr. 22, 77830 Bühlertal, Germany

Tel +49 722373337

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Holiday Inn Express - right in the town centre (765300) - used it a few times - underground parking, ok breakfast, great location - reasonably priced

Down the road a bit from Baden Baden in a town called Forbach, but tis a very nice place to stay. No restaurant in the hotel, but there's a lovely pizzeria just up the road by the train station.

https://www.daswaldhaus.com/kopie-von-das-waldhaus-1

We booked via Booking.com - double room was around 88 euro per night and a single was about 54 euro. Savage brekkie and really friendly staff...would highly recommend. :thumb2

+1 for pension Williams at seebach. One of the prettiest and quietest villages I’ve had the pleasure of visiting. Host is top bloke.

Hotel Tanneck. Short walk from town, easy parking, cheap and 'memorable' or 'characterful'. We stopped there for a night en route south. No complaints, but the two older ladies running it were like Victoria Wood characters...

thanks Guys lots of choice Athos seems to be the best deal and having good secure bike parking is a big bonus too thanks to all

I've stopped in BB many times and used the Radisson Blu, Batschari and Athos. The Athos has been excellent and best value every time and the other comments are correct regarding the short walk through the park that brings you right in the middle of town. Garaged parking too. Be careful on the B500 as there's a 70kph limit on it and its well policed if not over policed.
Pension Williams is also great but very quiet and not a great choice of places to eat. Try the Spa in BB too.

Shaun

Be careful on the B500 as there's a 70kph limit on it and its well policed if not over policed.

Shaun

B500 not a good road these days, The "L" roads are much better, L96 or L93 down to Oberwolfach beats any part of the B500.

Back
Top Bottom