Where to mount PDM60, Fuzeblock etc

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Before I commit to fitting my PDM60 in the tool tray (which is where I can see most people seem to fit them) of my TC. Is there anywhere else people have tried these things?

I'm actually using my tool tray so I'd prefer not to use it. Hence me looking for an alternative. But not much on the web, so it seems I can just let my imagination do the work

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

There is lots of space under the petrol tank. Main issue is (not easy) access.

If you use a lithium battery without the extension pegs and a short retaining bracket, there is more than enough space above the battery.

You could also strap it to the inside of the beak frame but the beak would have to come off for access and it's more exposed to weather.

Thanks Bendy. Your comment about space left by the lithium battery might be of interest. Still to fit mine, but charger hasn't arrived so no chance yet to see just how much space is left.

Under the tank sounds ok, but I'd like to see the unit as it has a row of indicator lights that are of interest.

The only place I could find where it was visible was the tool tray area. You can fit it on the outside of the bike - attached t the frame above the clutch pedal and towards the seat if you really need the tray.

Thanks Bendy. Your comment about space left by the lithium battery might be of interest. Still to fit mine, but charger hasn't arrived so no chance yet to see just how much space is left.

Under the tank sounds ok, but I'd like to see the unit as it has a row of indicator lights that are of interest.

I've had one of these since August 2017. I paid just under £60 so inflation as hit a bit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lithium-...h=item3f597227e2:g:yaQAAOSwQTVWBpeG:rk:1:pf:0

With support posts it looks from the top like any other battery, but it weighs under 0.9kg and 150 x 87 x 93mm. To fit with the posts would need a special Z shape retaining bracket but with that there would be loads of space above the battery. Just make sure you can see the charge condition indicators on battery top.

It can be used at any angle so if you were so inclined it could be boxed and placed under the front duck bill fairing. Taking care of course to avoid the steering legs.

PDM60, you must have too much money! Over £100 for a fuse box and a relay?

IMO an ordinary fuse box is more than good enough, but it depends what you want to power. Putting it near the battery makes sense so the 12V and earth wires can be kept short.

On the lithium battery. Mine was low again (lack of use). One hour on a basic 4 Amp car battery chargers and it was happy again. They don't need (and should not have) a conditioning charger.

A Speakon bulkhead connector would be a handy way to remotely charge it without needing to spanner the terminals and a secure way to power 12V accessories. The charger clips are too big to fit with battery in the bike. The PowerLet type are ok but do shake loose in use.

i have mine bolted to the underside of the tool tray,
seems to work for me .

i have mine bolted to the underside of the tool tray,
seems to work for me .
Thanks for sharing that. It has given me an idea that I think will solve my problem! Will post on here when I've done it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Why what does it do, make the tea as well as distribute electrical power supplies just like a relay and fuse box?
It takes up next to no space. Makes connecting things a doddle. Protects what is connected. Allows adjustment of the power supply to what is connected. Is uber robust.

Can be removed when you sell the bike... which I flippin didn't do when I sold my 1150!

Beats trying to deal with fused relays any day... on several fronts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom