Reliable & High Mileage LT ?

flytoolow

Reaction score
Hi,
To cut a long story short - Lost sh*te job (didn't like it anyways) - At that age - Not sure if I want or need another job - 3 houses, 3 countries, 3 cars, 4 bikes 0 wife, 0 kids.
Need a cheap bug-out bike to spend "I dont know how long" travelling and seeing what there is to see ?. Did I mention Cheap?

Ive found a 99 K12LT - 180K KM's (about 110K miles) - FSH, and I mean FSH - for a bit more than the last service on one of my other BMWs....

Its got all the biscuits n gravy.

So, at what point do these bikes fall apart - not to be touched?
I need a tourer - My other bikes are R12C; R1150 GSA; R80GSPD; Yam GTS1000. The GSA is my normal touring /camping bike for a week or so - It just gets long winded when slabbing it for hours on end. Also the weather protection could be better. The idea is basically, if I want to cross europe in a day to go see somewhere else would this do the job ?. Basic maintenance I can do - Oils / filters/brakes and simple electrics I can do.. A big end failure and Its a Vikings funeral at this price...

Im also considering an ST11/13 -Its just what's on the local market.

So - are they a bag of bolts at this age - or the shining light of freedom ?

cheers

JP

There’s no reason why it shouldn’t. If the service history is good. JJH

Unable to send you a private message...

I have a good 'all-rounder' for you.
Fast, ultra reliable.
New chain, tyres, and exhaust.
Top box. Scott oiler. TomTom Rider.
Suzuki Bandit 1200s. Fairing model.
55mpg.
200+ on a tank.
Wad of history... Last owner 12 years.
In Leicester.
046e58dbbff294a95eb0945ee64d9587.jpg
8629447c7862ce106cfa96cde174f9f9.jpg
d43a373a50c6597b62ccc6387f77ef6e.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi,
To cut a long story short - Lost sh*te job (didn't like it anyways) - At that age - Not sure if I want or need another job - 3 houses, 3 countries, 3 cars, 4 bikes 0 wife, 0 kids.
Need a cheap bug-out bike to spend "I dont know how long" travelling and seeing what there is to see ?. Did I mention Cheap?

Ive found a 99 K12LT - 180K KM's (about 110K miles) - FSH, and I mean FSH - for a bit more than the last service on one of my other BMWs....

I need a tourer - My other bikes are R12C; R1150 GSA; R80GSPD; Yam GTS1000. The GSA is my normal touring /camping bike for a week or so - It just gets long winded when slabbing it for hours on end. Also the weather protection could be better. The idea is basically, if I want to cross europe in a day to go see somewhere else would this do the job ?. Basic maintenance I can do - Oils / filters/brakes and simple electrics I can do.. A big end failure and Its a Vikings funeral at this price...

cheers

JP
What about a dame Edna trophy 900/1200 or a 1050st ?

Inexpensive and most common faults are well known about.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi,

cheers

JP

I sold mine with 90K miles (99 Model year) .. It was going strong, but smoked "like a good un" on start-up. When was the clutch last done? it's a bigish job and took me ages. Other than that the plastics were starting to go brittle and snap.

Back
Top Bottom