What has happened to Royal Enfields . So expensive second hand

Looks good.

I have looked at them but never at them to own them.

Are they worth having as an only bike though ?

I live near a RE dealer. Always liked them for their looks but don't fancy owning one.
However, I was in the dealership cafe the other day and spotted the new RE Intercepter 650 twin .:drool

Edit: Re our conversation Al, have a look at one of these. £5,200 new.

Looks good.

I have looked at them but never at them to own them.

Are they worth having as an only bike though ?
The one I’ve bought was used by the guy all year round
For me no , It’s going to be fettled and get occasional use
As an only bike long / fast roads are trying to say the least . Great in India though ��

I've no idea what the attraction is for these "retro looking" bikes. Invariably they are full of chrome (nightmare to clean), spoke wheels (ditto), you can't put luggage on them (even a top box ruins the "look"), are not particularly fast, are not comfy for passengers, too small for long trips. I guess you could commute on one (although a decent screen also ruins the aesthetics of them)

So .... apart from a "Sunday ride bike to pretend it's 1962", for all the thousands they cost..I just fail to see the attraction.

The next "bandwagon" will be replica 1980s sports bikes. I bet used values of GPZ900s are creeping up right now...

although i like the looks of these two

6000000003.jpg

6000000001.jpg

I've no idea what the attraction is for these "retro looking" bikes. Invariably they are full of chrome (nightmare to clean), spoke wheels (ditto), you can't put luggage on them (even a top box ruins the "look"), are not particularly fast, are not comfy for passengers, too small for long trips. I guess you could commute on one (although a decent screen also ruins the aesthetics of them)

So .... apart from a "Sunday ride bike to pretend it's 1962", for all the thousands they cost..I just fail to see the attraction.

The next "bandwagon" will be replica 1980s sports bikes. I bet used values of GPZ900s are creeping up right now...

although i like the looks of these two

6000000003.jpg

6000000001.jpg

That has already begun. Suzuki have relaunched the 'Katana', Krapasaki have relaunched the Z900, Yamaha relaunched the XJR........

Funnily enough, the one marque that hasn't caught the 'classic' bug yet is Morini. They were £2000 in the 80s, they were £3000 in the 90s and 00s and they are still £3000 now. I htink in the next couple of years they might be realised as a proper classic and the supply and demand cycle begin.

]

Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it, these neo retros make a great 2nd bike, I love my T120

Since these pics it’s been fettled but not farkled :thumb

Attachments

• AA544E52-2C3C-43F7-B99D-C7A0E2F91CE8.jpg
    AA544E52-2C3C-43F7-B99D-C7A0E2F91CE8.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 197
  • E6805672-A760-423A-A25D-A6E1B0007709.jpg
    E6805672-A760-423A-A25D-A6E1B0007709.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 528E4605-D51F-4D5C-81D7-0A474D7798B2.jpg
    528E4605-D51F-4D5C-81D7-0A474D7798B2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 189
That has already begun. Suzuki have relaunched the 'Katana', Krapasaki have relaunched the Z900, Yamaha relaunched the XJR........

At last years bike show, Whitham came on stage and said "welcome to motorcycle live 2018 … Where all the new shit looks like old shit".

At last years bike show, Whitham came on stage and said "welcome to motorcycle live 2018 … Where all the new shit looks like old shit".

:marc

Yep, I remember that, now you've reminded me. He always was a wag.

Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it, these neo retros make a great 2nd bike, I love my T120

Since these pics it’s been fettled but not farkled :thumb

+1 for the modern T120 I love mine. I've put loudish stubby Remus silencers on it, bar end mirrors and in a moment of madness Alpina spoked wheels that run tubeless tyres. It's even good enough for doing long journeys fitted with Hepco + becker soft luggage. Plenty big and comfy enough for me :thumb

I've done the fork springs, I do think it would benefit from the IKON shocks (might buy some this spring) but I'm happy with the gearing.

Back
Top Bottom