My 600 Transalp's been stolen

Tarka

Reaction score
Just stepped out to go to work and found my 600 Transalp's been stolen.

Reg is E960 FLL.
Orangey/red all over, Laser pipe, E-07 tyres, screen has small cutaway for master cylinder, mirror mount epoxied, Oxford tailbag.

Probably gone for parts, and I think I heard a van outside, so it's sure to be a distance away now.

But you never know, maybe someone will see it.

Well, it was nothing to do with me !:augie

TBH The Rt. Hon T. May has fucked the Merseyside Police up good and proper, I guarantee they probably
won't even visit you ! Not sure about the insurance aspect ( i.e. must be in a garage overnight etc ) but Scenes of Crime will
only turn out if your garage is fixed to the house; if garage is detached then they won't turn out as not classed as burglary dwelling ( no available manpower etc ).
When my 1100 was stolen I never, ever, saw a reporting police officer nor did the insurance even bother to turn out, so tell them what you want.

Sad times.

Cheers Kenny... you're dead right.
All I got was a TEXT off the police with a crime number, telling me it was non serious crime and they're doing nothing else because there was no witness.
I telephoned them in the afternoon following three reports of it being seen ridden locally, and they rang off after warning me that I was using an emergency number for a non emergency....and to use the 101 number.
I was on hold on that for 19 minutes before I gave up and went to the police station, giving them the roads that it was seen on, all converging in one known dodgy spot.
Their response was they aren't sending anyone round and aren't going looking for it.
It's not serious enough, even when a stolen vehicle is being used on the public road.

Theft

Shit news, scum bags everywhere these days, disappointing to hear that sort of reply from the police. :nenau

Cheers Tarry

The bike's been recovered thanks to an online and local action group member who saw and recognised my bike.
He locked it up with his own bike locks and contacted me, and a local bike shop recovered it to their workshop.

Although relieved and pleased I'm shitting myself about any repeats now.

It was found at or near the Vittoria Court flats not far from Birkenhead Park area.

No thanks to the police at all.....I know they are understaffed and overworked, but they haven't even helped to put my mind at rest.

Cheers Tarry

The bike's been recovered thanks to an online and local action group member who saw and recognised my bike.
He locked it up with his own bike locks and contacted me, and a local bike shop recovered it to their workshop.

Although relieved and pleased I'm shitting myself about any repeats now.

It was found at or near the Vittoria Court flats not far from Birkenhead Park area.

No thanks to the police at all.....I know they are understaffed and overworked, but they haven't even helped to put my mind at rest.

Well, glad you got it back, but makes you wonder when scum are prepared to break into someones property, just to fuck about on a park??

Really pleased for you Steve. All plod forces have websites and feedback options and many have twitter feeds as they are all oh so concerned with public perception so if I was you I would be posting some feedback regarding your shite experience.

Back
Top Bottom