Anyone have trip planned to Morooco/Picos

inda1965

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per the title, im looking to tag along with anyone heading to Morocco/Picos. If i dont do it now, never will.
Im self employed so pretty flexible on dates, although cant really take more than 2 weeks off.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Morocco

As per the title, im looking to tag along with anyone heading to Morocco/Picos. If i dont do it now, never will.
Im self employed so pretty flexible on dates, although cant really take more than 2 weeks off.

If you can't find a riding buddy then perhaps this might be of interest...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/500112-Big-Sky-Riders-Adventure-Motorcycle-Tours-travel-training-Europe-amp-Morocco

Whatever you do....don't miss Morocco!

Thanks buddy.
Will look into it. It’s been a while since I been anywhere long distance on a bike. May even consider Europe.

We are heading down to Morocco date 20/3 I will be in a van transporting 6 bikes you can ride down to Maliga then join six of us in morocco, I would say anything over a 700 will struggle maybe depends on experiance, I'm no expert you will laugh your socks off seeing us fall off all the time, all part of the fun, miles will depend on how far we get in a day off road, we stay in hotels as they are cheap, I can't be arsed with camping plus we travel light,,,,,,,,under pants only, we travel anywhere between 8 to 12 days maybe a rest day somewhere inbetween, as you can see we like to plan everything down to the last detail, maybe to soon for ya

Hi
What bike have you got? We are off on the 14th April to Morocco and back into the UK on the 26th.
Derek

We are heading down to Morocco date 20/3 I will be in a van transporting 6 bikes you can ride down to Maliga then join six of us in morocco, I would say anything over a 700 will struggle maybe depends on experiance, I'm no expert you will laugh your socks off seeing us fall off all the time, all part of the fun, miles will depend on how far we get in a day off road, we stay in hotels as they are cheap, I can't be arsed with camping plus we travel light,,,,,,,,under pants only, we travel anywhere between 8 to 12 days maybe a rest day somewhere inbetween, as you can see we like to plan everything down to the last detail, maybe to soon for ya
Many thanks for the message mate. Yr iteniary sounds perfect. The timing isn’t working for me as I’m off on a family holiday to Turkey early April, I own a 1200 GS and not had any experience off road on the bike at all.
But many thanks for the heads up.
Inda

Three crf250 one ktm250, two teneres 660 we will be there in Morocco 22nd ted med

Hi
What bike have you got? We are off on the 14th April to Morocco and back into the UK on the 26th.
Derek
Again. Many thanks for the message. I’m not back from Turkey until the 17th.
I own a GS. Would that be too big for Morocco roads?
Inda

Again. Many thanks for the message. I’m not back from Turkey until the 17th.
I own a GS. Would that be too big for Morocco roads?
Inda

Certainly not. My mate has a R1200GS and I ride a Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. This is our Itinerary;

Day One Leave the meeting point in Somerset at 12.00 (noon) to ride to Plymouth to catch the Brittany Ferry to Santander which departs at 15.45 hours. 103 miles. Four berth Cabins with £8.35 breakfast voucher per person. 550 miles ferry distance.

Day Two Arrives in Santander at 12.15 pm Spanish time.
Ride to Zafra Spain staying the night at Hotel Plaza Grande. Evening meal and Breakfast included. We should debark and clear customs etc by 1.30pm. Ride 6.23 hours being 439 miles therefore I expect we will arrive by 8.30pm.

Day Three Breakfast is served at 8.00am so we leave by 9.30 am prompt for our ride to the port of Algeciras 202 miles taking 3.11 hours to catch the 14.00 hours ferry to Tanger Morocco which arrives at 14.30 hours Moroccan time. I expect us to clear customs. Buy motorbike insurance etc 35.871N 5.520W by 16.00 hours. From Tanger we ride through the Rif mountains to Chefchacuene to enjoy many local products staying at the Dar Yakout Hotel. Breakfast and Evening included. The ride to the Hotel is 71 miles taking 2.23 hours, we should be there 18.30 hours,

Day Four Sees us ride a twisty road along the coast and then inland to Fez staying the night at Palais de Fes Dar Tazi which is a former Palace steeped in history. 248 miles approx 7.48 hours riding. Breakfast and Evening Meal included.

Day Five sees us ride across country to Marrakech staying at the Four Star Labranda Targa Aqua Parc. Breakfast and Evening Meal included. 312 miles taking 8.27 hours

Day Six 320 miles taking 9.06 hours to Icht deep into the desert staying at the Borj Biramane. Half Broad so all meals are included

Day Seven
We ride to Ouarzazate set in the Atlas Mountains and stay close to the world’s largest film studio 6.48 Hours 271 miles. Free entry if required. Very unusual location with swimming pool, war planes etc. We stay the night at the Oscar Hotel. Breakfast and Evening Meal included.

Day Eight
We travel to the coast staying in Essaouira 240 Miles taking 6.16 hours. The Hotel overlooks the sea with breakfast included served on the roof terrace overlooking the sea, Restaurant on site. Breakfast and Evening meal included.

Day Nine We travel back to Fez 7.15 hours 420 miles for our last night’s stay in Morocco staying at the Raid Dar Skall in the Presidential Palace. Restaurant on site. Evening meal and Breakfast included.

Day Ten We travel through the Rif Mountains to catch the Ferry from Tanger to Spain Departs 16.00 hours Arrives 18.30 hours 194 miles Riding 4.26 hours. We will need to leave the hotel on time (latest 9.30am). We stay the night in Algeciras Spain. Hotel Aura Algeciras includes Evening Meal and Breakfast.

Day Eleven We journey across Spain staying in Salamanca at the Hall 88 Apartahotel Dinner and Breakfast included. 7.39 hours 493 miles We travel through the Sierra de Gredos (Mountain range)

Day Twelve We ride from Salamaca to catch the ferry from Bilbao at 15.30 Riding 4.14 hours 280 miles (Spanish time one hour advanced from Morocco) for our return to Portsmouth 4 Berth Cabin with £8.35 breakfast voucher each. Riding distance 260 miles taking 4.08 hours. Ferry distance 525 miles.

Day Thirteen Arrive back in the UK at 14.15 hours (Portsmouth) therefore back to the start point in Somerset by about 17.00 hours.

We will be organising the same trip (4th time) for April 2020.

Derek

Feck me,your a bit precise on times,,,;)

Shame the ferries aren't. The three times I've been we have been delayed by at least 1-1/2 hours leaving Morocco. Last time they cancelled our ferry completely we ended up having to book with a different carrier which put us back 4 hours. Didn't get to our hotel that night until 21:00. At least you dont have far to go when you land back in Spain.

Europe tour

Thanks buddy.
Will look into it. It’s been a while since I been anywhere long distance on a bike. May even consider Europe.

One or two of us are off to Europe in May, we usually take ten days, last time we did France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy north, including the Stelvio pass and Gloschglockner, we book our digs before we go and we travel down to chunnel and under to Ibis in complex at Calais and away from there day two, we are going but havent decided the route this year, we will try for more time in Italy.

last year we went on Two R1200RS's one up, but this year i will be running my new R1250GS TE and my friend with his RS.

We set a brisk pace.

Another rider would be good.:thumb2

Ged

A big thank you to everyone that has offered advice and a place on their upcoming trips, im humbled by the generosity shown by the esteemed gentlemen of this Parish to a complete stranger (me). Mulling over a few rides. Once again, many thanks im sure i will be posting more to gather advice, recommendations.

Boxter, you have a PM mate

Back
Top Bottom