Which Tank-lock ring GIVI

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Looking to get myself a GIVI Tank Bag with Tanklock ring but can't find a clear cut answer as to which ring to get for my 2009 GSA. GIVI site states BF22 and Nippy Normans BF17.

Does anybody have the definitive answer and have one of these on the same model bike as I have?

Throw in your suggestion as well as to which model suitable for basic bits and pieces, nothing to big.

Thanks for your help guys.

I don’t know but what I do know is that the GS and GSA items are different. Might that be where the confusion is?

On the GIVI site you can select your bike and year etc but then they specify model year 09-13 which kind of put me off...was there not an 'in between' model range for 08-09 and why do they not include the 08 in their listing...only want to order once

I'm sure it's the BF22, I had one on my Twin Cam GSA and then fitted it to my R Nine T and then my Turban. It's the type were you have to remove the two grub screws from the fuel cap, and fit the cap into the ring. The BF17 is on my LC and it mounts by means of a horseshoe that you fit over the ring, but you are not having to remove the fuel cap etc.

givi-bf22-tanklock.jpg

You could try a really old fashioned approach......make a phone call and ask the supplier.

You could try a really old fashioned approach......make a phone call and ask the supplier.

Normally I’d agree but in this instance that would’ve been a bad move because he states that the supplier was recommending the BF17 but he actually bought the BF22 as per the manufacturers website and behold it fitted :thumb

Normally I’d agree but in this instance that would’ve been a bad move because he states that the supplier was recommending the BF17 but he actually bought the BF22 as per the manufacturers website and behold it fitted :thumb

Have you tried fitting the Bag to the Ring yet?
I fitted a BF22 to my 2008 GSA and, although the Ring fitted perfectly, the Bag wouldn't seat properly as the Hump at the front of the Tank Cover fouled it.
Same issue with the 07 I've just bought so I fitted the BF17 (which is supposed to be for a 2017 Model iirc) and it's spot on.
Needed the taller Tank Ring for clearance.

Have you tried fitting the Bag to the Ring yet?
I fitted a BF22 to my 2008 GSA and, although the Ring fitted perfectly, the Bag wouldn't seat properly as the Hump at the front of the Tank Cover fouled it.
Same issue with the 07 I've just bought so I fitted the BF17 (which is supposed to be for a 2017 Model iirc) and it's spot on.
Needed the taller Tank Ring for clearance.
Yeah, I had the same issue with my 07 and I noticed by chance that the ring my buddy was using on his LC would work.

Sent from a U11

I had the ring fitted in under 10 minutes. Simply transfer the fuel cap on to the new ring and that was it. My bag is only the small one and it clicked in position without any issue.

There is a special little adapter plate to hold the fuel cap on the new ring for 2008 models.

That's a lot of rings and bags...I'll grab my coat

I'm sure it's the BF22, I had one on my Twin Cam GSA and then fitted it to my R Nine T and then my Turban. It's the type were you have to remove the two grub screws from the fuel cap, and fit the cap into the ring. The BF17 is on my LC and it mounts by means of a horseshoe that you fit over the ring, but you are not having to remove the fuel cap etc.

givi-bf22-tanklock.jpg

The little metal bar shown in that image is part of the set up for the 2008 model, I did not have to use that on my 09

Back
Top Bottom