MT07 See Less of your Elbows

Bloody marvellous bikes.

Nice and light and quick steering with a decent turn of speed.

I have the Tracer and although a little smaller chassis wise than say, a VSTROM 6fiddy, it carries this 6 3 chap around with comfort and some verve, albeit not quite as much speed as the Superduke R which preceeded it:D I found the VSTROM 650 a good bike BTW as well as the Versys 650 but both of them are not that much lighter than their 1000cc brothers therefore have that 'big bike' feel that some riders need or, at least, desire.

The suspension is fine on reasonable tarmac but a little bit pants on rough stuff however I can live with it as indeed I can the amazingly quiet zorst. I've heard some decent alternatives but the non shoutiness of the original is a boon on longer runs so I'm sticking with it till it rots off.

It has a bigger screen, heated grips and heated seat, 12V socket, decent fallover protection and a good Givi rack and carries a variety of soft luggage and/or top box depending on the task. A bloody good, simple light tourer with 70 odd HP and a good turn of speed.

TBH I was waiting for the Tenere before I lost patience and bought this but even without the considerable price difference, I'm not sure the Tenere will fit the bill any better for what I use the bike for.

Derr placed this in the wrong thread and forgot to mention that the mirrors aren't bad but will benefit from extenders as above:blast

Back
Top Bottom