Hotel in Folkestone

Podrick

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hotel in or near Folkestone with secure parking please?

Thanks

None of the ones I know have properly secure parking (such as locked garages) but I haven't heard of any thefts from the Premier Inns/Holiday Inn in Folkestone or just up the M20 at Ashford. That said, I'd always put a lock of some sort on and remove luggage.

There are a few B&Bs within a few miles that are sufficiently out of town to make thefts not a serious risk. I'd choose one of those if I had to leave my bike anywhere. There aren't any particularly nice hotels in Folkestone itself, to be honest, but plenty in the surrounding countryside, within 20 mins of the tunnel or port at Dover.

(On a completely unconnected topic, there's a traveller encampment at M20 J11 which seems to have coincided with a lot of car, trailer and caravan thefts. What are the chances?)

Assuming you want somewhere “bike friendly” (yawn :rolleyes:), just stay here http://www.alkhamvalleyview.co.uk/

Cracking full English, good WiFi :)spank), and the bike will be safe as houses. :beerjug:

Avoid room 3 though :augie :D

Folkstone

Can anyone recommend a hotel in or near Folkestone with secure parking please?

Thanks

We don't stay in England now we go straight through tunnel and stay at Ibis on other side of chunnel, there is a big shopping complex there with lots of food, the bike park is next to the police compound and is hidden from any roads but in plain sight of rooms, as secure as you can get. the trains run every 15 minutes and will let you on if your early or late.

We have done this for a few years now.

I just wouldn't stay on this side again.

Ged

The Rob Roy has ground anchors fitted on their drive? I've stayed there a few times and my bikes never been touched. Very basic though, clean, but basic.

I have stayed at the swan hotel in Hythe a few times, carpark out the back, plenty of eateries on the same road for the evening,
I prefer to cross the channel nowadays. Then travel about an hour or so in the direction I'm going and stay in a travel motel, much less hassle for the following day and get a good start onto the roads in the morning.
We have stayed at the B+B hotel in arras,
We have used the premiere classe or the campanile just off the A26 at Bethune,
Going to Spain this may we are booked into the hotel ibis in abbeville ,
All are cheap clean chain motels which are fine for a late stop and early start on the morning,

A room in a knocking shop for a whole hour? After you've seen to business and had a smoke, what do you do for the other 58 minutes?

Hotel Burstin

DO NOT stay at the Hotel Burstin

They rent rooms by the half hour :redlight

Ahem the GRAND Burstin dontchaknow:D

Designed to give the experience of staying on a larger cruise liner but much more reminiscent of a large, maximum security prison nowadays.

Back in the day it must have been something else.

However it's cheaper than a very cheap thing and includes not only a below average buffet breakfast and underground parking but also entertainment in the evening.

We've spent quite a few evenings being regailed by the south's premier Neil Diamond impersonator, Dennis Wolstencroft (not to be confused with his brother Sidney who covers the midlands).

So, if you've even a scintilla of Hyacinth genes in ya you might enjoy it just by bathing in how much superior you are than most of the folk in there but, on balance. you'll probbaly hate it.

If you can dimly remember any of the simpler pleasure in life and/or have a well developed sense of irony you'll love it.

I stayed in the Carlton Hotel on Folkestone esplanade a while back.

Comfy, good brekky and whacky, oddball decor which I liked...... was only £22 via booking.com.

Comfy, good brekky and whacky, oddball decor which I liked...... was only £22 via booking.com.

I stayed there too, the manager even got the chef in half an hour earlier for us so we could still get the breakfast before our crossing, cheap and cheerful.though the parking out the back was a little cramped ,

Senior lecturers take prostitutes to the Carlton Hotel.

(Anyone who can tell me the background of the above phrase - WITHOUT USING GOOGLE - and the information it reveals wins a prize when next in Folkestone.)

Back
Top Bottom