Show us your Monkey Bike..

I’ve been tempted since I first saw it. Hmm.

Me too. Been getting deathly stares from Wife since I mentioned it.... I even hoovered, tidied up, bought her wine and fed the family this evening.... :D

Me too. Been getting deathly stares from Wife since I mentioned it.... I even hoovered, tidied up, bought her wine and fed the family this evening.... :D

Well, then I think you’re entitled to get one. Tomorrow. :D

After looking at how much Rob paid for that electric scooter, this is a quarter of the price, and will do exactly the same, as a runabout for local duties. And a lot more fun.

Well, then I think you’re entitled to get one. Tomorrow. :D

After looking at how much Rob paid for that electric scooter, this is a quarter of the price, and will do exactly the same, as a runabout for local duties. And a lot more fun.

I might have to keep it at your house, at this rate.... :D

Send it to Germany I will look after it, and you can ride it for a week a year..................:D

I was talking about the wife, not the new Monkeybike.... But ok then, sounds like a good deal.

Anyone selling their Monkey bikes Im interested, I have been riding Mark Shelley’s Van Van for the last 18 months and its mint. Time has come to move up to a bit of Monkey love!

Bananas

Nice evening ride

Attachments

• IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 495
I got myself one this week, great bike has surpassed my expectations, loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 427
Saddest little monkey in the world

Bought this brand new in 2000, when China were in the early days of building bikes. It’s quality is surprisingly good for saying. I put a 70cc big bore kit on it and took it to the monkey bike rally at Billing Aquadrome that year, and my kids did an unbelievable 400km riding round a small oval, with lots of other kids on on similar. It’s been sat forlorn under a bench for many years now, comes out every so often and always starts after a few kicks, even with stale petrol.
One day soon it will come out for a revamp.
I’ve got a 2019 Super Cub in the garage too, which is a revelation compared to the old C90s.
Have Been hoping that Honda would be bringing in the CT125 Postie, it’s been coming, then not coming, on and off for months now, but having just seen a post from another member saying his dealer will have one here for him in November, I am overjoyed! Planning on getting two and doing some UK based touring with the wife on them. Fingers crossed they do arrive.:)

Attachments

• 0AD9E440-7C4B-4BAC-BBC1-0147BB2BAC44.jpg
    0AD9E440-7C4B-4BAC-BBC1-0147BB2BAC44.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 378
  • C3B633AC-D453-4CC2-8A95-F9692A1A6473.jpg
    C3B633AC-D453-4CC2-8A95-F9692A1A6473.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 377
Bugger, just realised the post about the CT was from a guy in America! No sign of the Postie for us as yet then.:mad:

For a daft little ( expensive) bike they do make you smile

I have four bikes in the garage , two classic 250 two strokes and a 2016 F700GS.
However its the monkey keys I reach for When I just need to pop somewhere. Apart from having to physically lock it to something when shopping which is a pain they really are good fun.

Photo below is on top of the horseshoe pass Last Sunday.

Attachments

• B06B14C1-41B7-458A-B572-CEFBA873B068.jpeg
    B06B14C1-41B7-458A-B572-CEFBA873B068.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 371
I did 105 miles on the Monkey yesterday, averaged 50mph and hit 63 at one stage, with exception of dual carriageways it will keep up with the traffic flow most places, i'm averaging around 140 mpg so still a long way from the quoted figures but as it loosens up it may improve.

Being Tosser sized (110kg) I'm also way too big for it in terms of the quoted maximum load so that may account for the reduced MPG as I no doubt add to the wind resistance and extra weight. First issue i've encountered is it's way too under sprung on the rear as the shocks bottom out on every bump but that's as I exceed the maximum load rating, so looking at replacement Hagons to beef it up a bit. Next mod may be a new exhaust to give it some bark as its whisper quiet and fit a luggage rack as i'm currently forced to use a messenger type man bag for luggage.

Still loving it and despite having 3 other big bikes i've not ridden any of them since getting the Monkey, it's just so much fun and easy to pull out of the garage and jump on, what you lose in speed you make up for in traffic busting when you hit congestion, it will squeeze through the smallest of gaps. Great bike and a fun addition to any stable if you have the space and money.

Back
Top Bottom