Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schubert E1

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdutchman View Post
    I'm interested to hear from those who are using a Schubert E1. They are going at 40% discount on fc-moto.de

I'd be interested if the sizes are true or if they might be large/small fitting.

Unfortunately I have no dealers near me who stock any decent range of helmets especially no flip-up models.
    IME they fit exactly like my old Schuberth C3. I am L (59/60) in most makes and this fits true to size. The only helmets where I’ve had a different size are Neotech 2 (M) and BMW System 7 (XL).

It’s true the peak can vibrate more on the E1 than some other peaked helmets but in my case, adjusting the screen mostly cured it and adding two little wheel-balancing weights to the peak totally cured it.

Haven’t had any problems with leaking - yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Motocentral View Post
    That's cheaper than what we can buy a plain colour for, it's a discontinued colourway so I'm going to guess it's Helmetcity you're looking at (They always buy discontinued colours and sell them super cheap). In fairness the intercom does Retail at £239.99
    I appreciate your advice. I liked the colour they had and in my size so pulled the trigger. Bought the intercom and remote as well all at a great deal. I'll not pass you guys when I'm in the market for kit.

Quote Originally Posted by richardbd View Post
    IME they fit exactly like my old Schuberth C3. I am L (59/60) in most makes and this fits true to size. The only helmets where I’ve had a different size are Neotech 2 (M) and BMW System 7 (XL).

It’s true the peak can vibrate more on the E1 than some other peaked helmets but in my case, adjusting the screen mostly cured it and adding two little wheel-balancing weights to the peak totally cured it.

Haven’t had any problems with leaking - yet...
    Thanks for the feedback. I do nearly all A and B roads and at moderate speeds because of the road conditions. I also have a screen extender keeping the wind of my helmet. I'm not to worried about the report of vibration on the peak and if it happens I now know how to deal with it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Motocentral View Post
    The Schuberth E1 seems to be pretty much what you're after. They're relatively quiet in comparison to the majority of helmets, with a wide field of vision, have the adventure style and ability to fit a comms system easily. I don't know if you've tried one on yet, but the Schuberth helmets are all in between the sizes of the rest of the helmets on the market. For example, the majority of Medium sized helmets are 57cm-58cm, where Schuberth us 56cm-57cm in medium. This being said, if you own the Nexx helmet currently they're pretty small fitting compared to most brands so the Schuberth might fit quite nice.

The only other thing that might suit you quite nicely, is something like the Shark Evo One-2 helmet might be an option for you as well, they're around the £350-£400 price range, huge field of vision, flip all the way over if you ever feel claustrophobic and want a quick and easy release. Their only major downside is due to the mechanism flipping all the way over, they're quite bulky and heavy, which isn't an issue for most, but is for some.
    Wouldn’t agree with you regarding quietness compared to other lids. It’s a noisy lid compared to my Arai. However I like the peak as I ride west to east and back, so it’s ideal in a setting sun. Added a 10g tyre weight and the vibe stopped. Have had no problems regarding leakage.
    Would I buy another one? Yes

Thanks for the feedback. Where exactly did you stick the weight?

After a few spins it has become clear that the size I ordered was ever so slightly to big. As Schuberth use only 2 shell sizes I can solve this issue with the XL internals (head pad and cheek pads). Other than that I am very impressed with the helmet. Build quality is superb and it looks great. Intercom fits in nicely and works very well with good sound quality compared to some others I've used. I would still like to know where you put that little tyre weight fink...

New XL size cheek pads and head liner installed with desired result!

XXL cheek pads and head liner in for sale section...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12