Whats it worth?

Surprised. I took in the RT i bought on here, they did an inspection and then changed the engine, gearbox, swingarm, FD.
No questions asked.
It may be that BMW picked up the tab.
Sorry to hear about your experience.
IMO I think they should sponsor you a bike.
Did you try "do you know who I am" :D
No I didn't! The service was dreadful, absolutely not what you'd expect having spent that sort of money.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Duffys tried to stiff me €480 for an oil leak between the engine and gearbox on my 1200. I said I will keep an eye on it. No leak ever appeared.

Robbing wankers.

So an update,

Bike got a crap trade in value so i decided to hang onto it for a bit.

A week later i noticed a noise coming from the engine and didnt sound good. Got it to Patrick in JD and within a week i had a new upgraded 2017 clutch assembly, engine, gearbox, starter and oil pump fitted.

Seemingly a nut came loose and the basket was wearing back into engine.

Great service and now a 0kms engine to boot, now my 2013 is like new. Ill keep it till after my Spain trip in May and reassess.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That is great service, did you have extended warranty?
Was done under 1 year approved used warranty. Guts of 10grand repairs. Needless to say ill be extending that!

Needless to say ill be extending that!

Look into the extended warranty before you jump on board.
It's the guts of €400 per year. There's an excess (up to €130) and the real kick in the hole is the max claim is about €1,100 with a load of exclusions.
It's exceptionally bad value for money.

Look into the extended warranty before you jump on board.
It's the guts of €400 per year. There's an excess (up to €130) and the real kick in the hole is the max claim is about €1,100 with a load of exclusions.
It's exceptionally bad value for money.
Is it not 1100 up to a max market value of the bike?

Is it not 1100 up to a max market value of the bike?
Gave them a call to clarify and I can confirm I was incorrect on the above (talking out of me hole)

€377 per year. €135 excess. Max claim up to the market value of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom