Xt1200z owner back to what I know

cbrgaz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after a few years of being away from my last super tenere and having tried an R1200gs lc adventure and an ktm 1290 adventure r, I've now gone back to a super tenere.
When I had my last one for 2 years, I covered 37k miles with no issues at all....... Have to say as soon as I got back on one I felt like I'd reached home again.
I've got a last MKI model 2013 / 2014. Already started installing all the farkles I had on my last one and had the ecu flashed by Wiz Performance, which I can highly recommend.
Can't wait to get some miles under my belt.

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

Well after a few years of being away from my last super tenere and having tried an R1200gs lc adventure and an ktm 1290 adventure r, I've not gone back to a super tenere.
When I had my last one for 2 years, I covered 37k miles with no issues at all....... Have to say as soon as I got back on one I felt like I'd reached home again.
I've got a last MKI model 2013 / 2014. Already started installing all the farkles I had on my last one and had the ecu flashed by Wiz Performance, which I can highly recommend.

I've done exactly the same as you and I do feel like I've come home

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve not come home but I’ve definitely come in!! After owning 1 1150 GS and 6 1200GS’s over the last 15 years. It was time for a change. Got the Super Tenere in August last year. Loving it, great bike in its own right. I did compare to start with! What an insult to this very, very underrated bike.

I also agree. Not one problem so far in 20,000 miles. This 'pissing competition' had by many around horse power amazes me.

Well after a few years of being away from my last super tenere and having tried an R1200gs lc adventure and an ktm 1290 adventure r, I've now gone back to a super tenere.

How much dud the ECU flash cost. I have a Gen1 (2013)?

How much dud the ECU flash cost. I have a Gen1 (2013)?
Hi,

It was £140. I can honestly say it has transformed the bike, wish I had done it on my original bike.
The flash from wiz is really good as he owned an xt1200z for quite some time and perfected the flash during that time.

+1 for the XTZ1200. I had one for a couple years, great bikes, and very reliable. I'd go for one of these before a modern hot to poop BMW.

Having thoughts about a Super Ten to.replace.my RT. What are running costs.like?

cbrgaz
I am also a fan of the Tenere and I have mine a couple of years now. You made a very good choice in my opinion as they are a very under rated machine The bike is fun to ride and has all the power I need. I have thought about having it flashed but I've never had the chance to talk to anyone about how there bike behaved after it. I have done a few tours of the UK and Europe on mine and its never had any problems. In fact the only problem I have is I cant stop farkling the thing. This can get expensive

Attachments

• IMG_6896.jpg
    IMG_6896.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,891
Where are "wiz" tuners situated? Any address please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Having thoughts about a Super Ten to.replace.my RT. What are running costs.like?

Superb bike. I've had mine - A 2015 XT1200ZE Worldcrosser - since May last year. Fuel economy is excellent - computer shows around 63mpg touring 2-up with full luggage, usually get around 270 miles per tank - does 50 miles after low fuel warning starts.

Also suits me tyre-wise as it uses the same sizes as my R1150GS so I can stock/use the same tyres for both bikes - Michelin Anakee 2's, a superb tyre on both bikes - they vastly improved the Super Ten compared to the original Bridgstone's.

The wife and I have now done 2 Euro tours on it - but only done 8,000 miles on it since May as I've still got the GS on the road.
Very pleased with the the Yamaha - super-smooth engine with endless torque, lovely gearbox and shaft drive. Superb build quality and engineering. I use the seat in the higher position and the leg room is loads better than the GS.

I has a couple of flaws, low speed off/on throttle is not as good as the GS but you soon learn to drive around it - sometimes with a deft touch on the clutch.
The cruise control is great BUT when you switch it off it's like you've thrown an anchor out the back and the wife's helmet headers the back of mine (engine braking on the Yamaha is incredible!) - again you can solve the problem by opening the throttle to the approximate matching position - but that needs planning time, so not always possible.
The brakes are good - but don't feel as good or sharp as the Brembo's on the old GS! - but that may be partly due to the "IBS" which is applying some rear brake with the front lever use?

Anyway, very, very pleased with the Super Tenere so far

Attachments

• XT Picos.jpg
    XT Picos.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,741
  • IMG_1567_1.JPG
    IMG_1567_1.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,661
:thumb Ta for that. still thinking of the new Guzzi but the Super Ten is getting more attractive.

:thumb Ta for that. still thinking of the new Guzzi but the Super Ten is getting more attractive.
Definitely try one,they are without a doubt a good bike.i service a few and enjoy test riding after working on them.
I, personally prefer a telelever front end,esp if carrying a pillion as I do.(but not a deal breaker)
I’d prefer to go a bit lighter though so not on my purchase list.(1100gs has been current bike for a few years)

Here's mine which lives in my garage next to my GSA!

2015 XT1200ZE World Crosser 35k with only one issue.....misfire caused by dirty fuel in Denmark.

Most under-rated bike on the market IMHO.

One of the few bikes I'd buy again.....Yep done that! This is my third (long story)

It's heavy because it's built like a tank!

Attachments

• 25A With New Luggage Side 15 Jan 2019.jpg
    25A With New Luggage Side 15 Jan 2019.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,271
If any of you xt1200 supr tenere owners need a luggage rack I have a Hepco and Becker item going spare off my old bike. I'll dig it out if any interest and do some photos. I think new these cost over £100, I'd like £60 plus postage (it is heavy)

Here's mine which lives in my garage next to my GSA!

2015 XT1200ZE World Crosser 35k with only one issue.....misfire caused by dirty fuel in Denmark.

Most under-rated bike on the market IMHO

One of the few bikes I'd buy again.....Yep done that! This is my third (long story)

It's heavy because it's built like a tank!

Very nice I really like that.
I've gotta itch for a S10 that needs scratching v soon.

Back
Top Bottom