AT 1100 For 2020?

A nice improvement all round, except the prices ! Glad I’m still happy with mine and I guess there’ll be no items that I’ve bought that would potentially swap over to the new model.

Just having a gander at prices of the 2019 ATAS and the 2020 ATAS, the difference in price for a manual gear box 19 is £12999 and the 20 is £14649. So for £1650 you are getting a new improved design, 5kg lighter weight, better lights with cornering lights, a better adjustable screen, up 5KW’s more power to 75KW’s , 6NM’s more torque, cruise control, a huge tft screen with Apple CarPlay and navigation, tubeless wheels, much better HTC, Cornering ABS and more choice of rider modes plus 2 custom user modes, plus the price would have gone up about £300 anyway for 2020.

So to be fair, a bmw f850 gsa cost £12870 (with a Nav 6), has 70Kw’s of power and has the looks only its mother loves ;):D, whereas the ASTAS looks great :thumb2. TBH Both the 850 GSA and the ATAS are aimed at riders who want and ADV bike to tour on and maybe do some light off-roading. If honda were only to go full hog and put 3 years world wide warranty and breakdown cover, that would make it pretty good value.

Attachments

• 8DBD6665-974C-490E-9418-ED3508640218.jpg
    8DBD6665-974C-490E-9418-ED3508640218.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 302
I totally agree with the above....on paper. But when your price to change is going to be something stupid like £8-9k and the new bike actually doesn't do anything that much different to the 2 year old one you already have......

It likely is, same leg room and seat height as regular AT now.

Reading some reviews / specifications, is the ATAS now basically an AT with goodies bolted on and no difference in the suspension? The seat height on the ATAS is one of the main reasons why I bought the bike (my short list was short, comprising bikes with enough seat height / leg room to make them comfortable), the lower height kills off the new one as an option.

Yes it appears so other than the improved anodized lowers, and then the all new electronic suspension on the ATAS ES.
At least there's still the two seat heights, plus even taller and lower aftermarket options.

Reading some reviews / specifications, is the ATAS now basically an AT with goodies bolted on and no difference in the suspension? The seat height on the ATAS is one of the main reasons why I bought the bike (my short list was short, comprising bikes with enough seat height / leg room to make them comfortable), the lower height kills off the new one as an option.

1100 AT has 3 seats available and the 1100 ATAS has 2. Suspension is the same between both although the ATAS has the ES option, so changing the preload is much easier.

If you buy the black metallic ATAS you could fit the high seat option from the Matt black AT.

Attachments

• 4EA7E0A4-383D-4A14-B820-70096C069266.jpg
    4EA7E0A4-383D-4A14-B820-70096C069266.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 60EC2269-F5BD-49E1-9421-A12E846054F2.jpg
    60EC2269-F5BD-49E1-9421-A12E846054F2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 207
I think the new model is a bit overpriced for a bike with only 100bhp it really needed to have 120bhp to be worth the upgrade.

I think the new model is a bit overpriced for a bike with only 100bhp it really needed to have 120bhp to be worth the upgrade.
Yep agree with that! I will look for a deal on the outgoing model.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yep agree with that! I will look for a deal on the outgoing model.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Currently on 0% but wait for the end of the year and there might be some cash discount as well. Make sure to get the centre stand included, it's not standard on the 18/19 model.

Understand where you are coming from....but my 2013 Yamaha S10 weighed 265kg and had 80 bhp...and certainly wasn't too slow.

I will test ride the ATAS once dealers get one in...and then decide whether Honda or Triumph.

I thought the S10 had about 110hp ? (80kw)

I agree with you DingDong. Way too pricey for a 100hp adv bike but I sincerely hope they don't go down the route of chasing big numbers. To me, it really isn't the bike for that

I thought the S10 had about 110hp ? (80kw)

I agree with you DingDong. Way too pricey for a 100hp adv bike but I sincerely hope they don't go down the route of chasing big numbers. To me, it really isn't the bike for that

The S10 was meant to have 109 at the crank..but obviously lost quite a bit through the shaft drive. I had mine dynoed and it was 81 at the wheel. Was still plenty for me though.

In your quest for your new bike then, if 81hp at the wheel was plenty for you, I'd heartily recommend a last of this current model AT. Try the DCT as well as manual.

In your quest for your new bike then, if 81hp at the wheel was plenty for you, I'd heartily recommend a last of this current model AT. Try the DCT as well as manual.

I need the new one because its lower....tried one last year..way too tall....plus I like tubeless for road tyres/touring.

A mate on the Isle of Man fancies an AT so has started looking. He found a brand new 2017 model at the Honda dealer over their and popped down this morning to see it. It had a SOLD sticker on. Not a surprise as it ws on at £7k.....and included crash bars, ATAS sump guard and what look like touratech zega pro panniers and top box...for £7k :eek:
Apparently the new owner was camped on the dealers doorstep when they opened today. Not a surprise really.

A mate on the Isle of Man fancies an AT so has started looking. He found a brand new 2017 model at the Honda dealer over their and popped down this morning to see it. It had a SOLD sticker on. Not a surprise as it ws on at £7k.....and included crash bars, ATAS sump guard and what look like touratech zega pro panniers and top box...for £7k :eek:
Apparently the new owner was camped on the dealers doorstep when they opened today. Not a surprise really.

How was that brand new? 2 years just sat there?

Stop being an arse.
Unridden, 0 miles, 0 owners....Take the panniers and top box value off and the new owner got the actual bike for about £5600.

Stop being an arse.
Unridden, 0 miles, 0 owners....Take the panniers and top box value off and the new owner got the actual bike for about £5600.

??? I wasn't being an arse ???

I was asking how the fook a 2017 bike was found with zero miles? was it just sat there in the showroom, or something else?

Back
Top Bottom