AT 1100 For 2020?

My apologies....no idea, other than when you look at certain dealers, they have bikes from the 80s, 90s and 00s with 0 miles and unregistered. Padgetts have always had years old bikes for sale...unregd. (http://www.padgetts-honda.com/new/bike/565/super-sports/811153/cbr1000rr-fireblade-sp-2018.aspx)

I guess it's folk bypassing the last of last years model in their scramble to get the latest model.
We'd just spent a week and a bit touring Scotland and he was impressed with how my AT had gone. He asked what I'd have done re a brand new, new bike v a 2017 one...I'd have had that 17 yr one at £7k in a heartbeat!

Yes indeed, a bloody bargain without a doubt

4eecd0ab1f47485e975e365529634091.jpg

That was the one.
They've done him a very good deal on an ATAS so he awaits it's arrival on the road.

Got an invite call for a test ride at Grantham Honda last night. It would be nice to have a go, but I'm pushed for time at the moment. Will probably try and blag one when mine gets serviced next year, but not in a rush to change. Anyway, looks like the demo bikes have hit the dealers.

Think I honestly prefer the look of the original Africa Twin

Think I honestly prefer the look of the original Africa Twin

Funnily enough, my mates who were with me at the NEC yesterday reckoned that if you saw the old and new going down the road together, you’d be hard pressed to notice that they were different models. Maybe that’s no bad thing. :nenau

Attachments

• E63CE181-5334-4CA8-845F-8B5722AAEB8E.jpg
    E63CE181-5334-4CA8-845F-8B5722AAEB8E.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 353
  • A30FA4F3-5242-4A32-BAF8-346D3660F8C7.jpg
    A30FA4F3-5242-4A32-BAF8-346D3660F8C7.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 356EFD96-AA22-4144-BECE-0230100F0CAC.jpg
    356EFD96-AA22-4144-BECE-0230100F0CAC.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 364
  • D57D2434-705D-4973-BC89-07D9018A8BD8.jpg
    D57D2434-705D-4973-BC89-07D9018A8BD8.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 359
They look just like the old ones to me.

Obviously, owners would spot the differences straight away, but I think most non owners would be hard pressed unless side by side.

Think I honestly prefer the look of the original Africa Twin.

I assume Warlord is referring to the original Africa Twin which looked completely different from the 1000 and 1100.

Test rode a 1100 ATAS yesterday, screen is still crap (seemed pretty good on the lowest setting but not so good on the higher settings) and it’s definitely not as quick as a 1250, well it ain’t going to be with about 30hp less, but that doesn't bother me. But F**K me does it handle well, the new chassis and suspension have transformed a good bike into an amazingly agile, well planted (and very comfortable) fun adventure tourer, it doesn't dive like a sub on the brakes anymore either. The bike feels very light on the move and grip was great on the greasy roads with the Karoo 3 streets fitted (I didn’t notice the noise everyone seems to moan about). Power wise theres definitely more at the bottom end and plenty mid range, but I didn’t rag it as it only had 180 miles on the clock.

The TFT is amazingly clear, easy to read and apple CarPlay google maps are brilliant, shame about all the buttons, although once you’ve set up the bike how you like it with the touch screen, there shouldn’t be too much need to adjust anything, although there are some short cuts to certain functions. The heated grips are now as they should’ve been, nice and toasty to too bloody hot, unlike AT’s from the past. The ergo’s are spot on with the slimmer seat and narrower tank and frame, standing on the pegs is just about perfect now. Bike still sounds the best bike I’ve heard with a stock silencer. Having owned the previous ATAS I’d say this one is a huge step up and vastly better bike. I might well have to book a Dave Thorpe Offroad experience to get a chance to thrash the nuts off one of the standard 1100’s Offroad.

Test rode a 1100 ATAS yesterday, screen is still crap (seemed pretty good on the lowest setting but not so good on the higher settings) and it’s definitely not as quick as a 1250, well it ain’t going to be with about 30hp less, but that doesn't bother me. But F**K me does it handle well, the new chassis and suspension have transformed a good bike into an amazingly agile, well planted (and very comfortable) fun adventure tourer, it doesn't dive like a sub on the brakes anymore either. The bike feels very light on the move and grip was great on the greasy roads with the Karoo 3 streets fitted (I didn’t notice the noise everyone seems to moan about). Power wise theres definitely more at the bottom end and plenty mid range, but I didn’t rag it as it only had 180 miles on the clock.

The TFT is amazingly clear, easy to read and apple CarPlay google maps are brilliant, shame about all the buttons, although once you’ve set up the bike how you like it with the touch screen, there shouldn’t be too much need to adjust anything, although there are some short cuts to certain functions. The heated grips are now as they should’ve been, nice and toasty to too bloody hot, unlike AT’s from the past. The ergo’s are spot on with the slimmer seat and narrower tank and frame, standing on the pegs is just about perfect now. Bike still sounds the best bike I’ve heard with a stock silencer. Having owned the previous ATAS I’d say this one is a huge step up and vastly better bike. I might well have to book a Dave Thorpe Offroad experience to get a chance to thrash the nuts off one of the standard 1100’s Offroad.

wow that's high praise I didn't think it would be that much better. good to hear :beerjug:

Yes it is.

Having owned the previous ATAS I’d say this one is a huge step up and vastly better bike.

The couple video reviews I watched pretty much came got the same conclusion. My biggest gripes are the tedious and expensive 16,000 mile services, overall weight especially on the AS, and tube wheels on the lighter AT.

Back
Top Bottom