Intermittent cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My VI seems to have an intermittent issue with displaying speed cameras.
There's no pattern to this that I've noticed. Sometimes a full power down sorts it a d sometimes not.
I am using the database that came with the unit, is this a way for Garmin to insist I update the maps?

They are not displaying on the screen, the Nav V on SWMBO's bike is fine :-(

Ok hard restarted and it seems ok. Spoke to my dealer who thinks there was an issue with the latest software . There’s a new release next week, we shall see !

Poxy Garmin have done it again! Updated to the latest firmware and maps 14 days ago in anticipation of my hols in France, Germany etc. Once again, speed cameras missing.

If I upload the 3rd party ones, how does it notify you of them as you approach them?

You get the same warning but you need to tick the other box under the warning options

You get the same warning but you need to tick the other box under the warning options

Thanks for that, I assume that comes up when you install them? Seems bizarre I have this and the BMW TFT connect app and they are both out performed by my wife’s ( my old!) Nav 5 !

It should be simiar to the nav V

Proximity Alerts
Alerts
Custom POI

9101202d7087dc70ed69099d06fb1e7c.jpg

a448676146d3007217a974e70b1d8d71.jpg

9f2e830d62419612caaa4a44e67e49eb.jpg

I have the Garmin ones ticked, and they aren’t showing could this be caused by Garmin Smart Link not behaving?

I am in France and I even bought the cyclops cameras, but it still does not show the French danger zones. I even factory reset it, (which removed all the BMW POIs) and I still cannot get it to work.

I am having to use the TomTom Speed cameras app to notify me of these zones,

Now that all the BMW POIs are removed does any know how to get them back as well?

So I got the POIs back, but the speed cameras (Danger Zones in France) are still not working. It does show them as installed in the Settings|Device|About|"Extras and Road Safety Alerts"

I just paid £29 for the cyclops one. I do not want to pay for another one and it does not work.

Purchase and install these [check the additional box in the POI page]
https://www.scdb.info/en/

So I purchased this one and it is terrible. It shows the alerts on the top in a grey banner and it does not even have decent info. It just says things like "Alert:0" or "Alert:[98606-]" and "Alert:N"

It is just a mess of a DB and needs someone to clean it up and notate it properly.

Might be mistaken, but Camera location alerts are illegal in France, so Garmin stops them working in that country.

Correct me if wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom