Action Camera adivce

Beast

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a new camera,
my needs are;
something that has a very long battery or can be hard wired.
something that will allow easy editing on the fly e.g posting to you tube & facebook via my iPhone.

Looked at the Gopro Hero 7 Black does not have a very good battery life although it looks has like you can do easy editing and upload to social media.

Also looked at the Garmin Verb it looks you can hard wire the mount but strugling to find info on how easy it is to upload to social media on the fly also very epensive .

Also the Drift Ghost X looks like it might fit the bill with the 8 hour battery upgrade but again cant find any info about easy editing also has poor review on amazon, good price though.

Your thoughts please

Phil

Drift do an app where you can view your footage live and I believe stream to YT etc. Check it out on the App Store as it’s a free download.

I have Drift X, been really good, I like it, but I am using in loop mode for safety not vblogging.

I have Drift X, been really good, I like it, but I am using in loop mode for safety not vblogging.

Have you used the Drift App through a mobile phone Casbar?. If you have is it possible to edit on the fly and also upload to social media

One of the things I like about the TomTom Bandit App is the "Create A Story" feature. You shake your phone and it chooses 10, 6 second clips and creates a minute long video. You can change these settings.

Have you used the Drift App through a mobile phone Casbar?. If you have is it possible to edit on the fly and also upload to social media

I have used the app, but not for editing, you can upload. I would suggest you give Drift a call, they have pretty good support. The thing about the app is, it connects via wi fi, to the camera, so when your connected to the camera you can't have any other wi fi working, so your logging onto a private wi fi, this isn't an issue for me and works well. But if you want to get max battery life, switch wi fi off on the camera when not using it. I also bought the higher capacity battery and this gives a good 8 hours of power

I use a gopro hooked up to an anker 5200 mah powerbar (£11 off ebay) and get 6 hours out of it

if you are going to invest in something like a Hero 7 you wont get best results with a quick easy editor, you are far better off getting a proper editor and using that, there are ones that are very easy to use like filmora or premier elements that have wizard driven interfaces that allow you to then upload to YT

Sadly my Drift Ghost X gave up the ghost after only one ride.
Developed an intermittent fault and sometimes locked up and wouldn’t turn off or sometimes just switched itself off at random times while recording.
The 8 hour battery only lasted half that whilst the standard battery which is billed at 5 hours only lasted nearly 2 hours (when it didn’t randomly switch itself off that is)
I’m gonna give another replacement unit a go and see if mine was just a Friday afternoon one

Sadly my Drift Ghost X gave up the ghost after only one ride.
Developed an intermittent fault and sometimes locked up and wouldn’t turn off or sometimes just switched itself off at random times while recording.
The 8 hour battery only lasted half that whilst the standard battery which is billed at 5 hours only lasted nearly 2 hours (when it didn’t randomly switch itself off that is)
I’m gonna give another replacement unit a go and see if mine was just a Friday afternoon one

Well mine has been rock solid, bought it in December, use it 4 or 5 times a week. The 5 hour batter lasted over 4 hours, if you switched off the wi fi. I have only just started using the 8 hour battery Monday (on nights), it has so far lasted for over 5 hours and is still going strong. So I am still in the quite impressed camp.

Ghost drift x there if you were interested in just make me an offer, perfect near brand new condition with extra mounts

The Virb, while a great camera has an appalling battery life (talking the ultra 30 here) and though it has some connectors on the base of it, Garmin are yet to bring out a powered moun for it. The original Virb Elite had a great battery life and was pretty waterproof without any additional case.
I understand that it will stream to you tube etc

Edit
Just seen that Garmin have produced a powered mount for the measly sum of $120. !!

Back
Top Bottom