ULEZ update

Wasn’t MCN claiming it was Riverbank Motorcycles out at Bow ? Apparently £175 for the required test.

Wasn’t MCN claiming it was Riverbank Motorcycles out at Bow ? Apparently £175 for the required test.

Really?,

Been a few years since I last looked at a MCN, I have fired a email off to Riverbank MC.. If they can do the test I will get it done ASAP, my MOT runs out in a few weeks anyway, hopefully I could kill two birds with one stone.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT::

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/march/ulez-test/

Just got this, result 👍

We apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we are currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries.

At the time your vehicle was produced, the emissions calculation was not required for the EC Certificate of Conformity, therefore these values are missing from this document.

However, the result of NOx emission measurement of your motorbike is available in the European Type Approval documentation and we were able to include it in a letter along with other required information which you can use to approach TfL directly for the daily charge waiver.

We can confirm that the letter was sent out today to the address detailed within the registration document and we would welcome any feedback that you can provide if this is successful or not with TfL.

Kind regards,
The Homologation Team

Any one know why Supercars are exempt ?

I have just been through the process and today received an email from TFL stating that my 2005 1150 gsa is exempt the Ulez ( nox emission reads reads 0.04 on the cert of conformity)
The people at BMW uk were very helpful and provided me with a pdf of the certificate of conformity which forwarded to TFL along with a scan of my V5 as proof of ownership.

Hello ukGSers,
Very encouraging (if painstakingly acquired) news for 1150 owners - could anyone speculate on whether my old 2003 650 (Dakar) thumper is worth a go with regard to the CoC NOX?
Ahhh...poetry lol.
Like some others, the ULEZ checker changed its mind about my bike and now it's a certfied killer...
Thanks much

Hello ukGSers,
Very encouraging (if painstakingly acquired) news for 1150 owners - could anyone speculate on whether my old 2003 650 (Dakar) thumper is worth a go with regard to the CoC NOX?
Ahhh...poetry lol.
Like some others, the ULEZ checker changed its mind about my bike and now it's a certfied killer...
Thanks much

With the NOx figures that I am seeing I am start to think that a majority of older bikes may well be under the 0.15 level, with the R1150 coming in at 0.03 that is very encouraging all be it with a bit of ball ache for owners of these older machines..

Personally I am still going down the BMW Eu cert route but if BMW come up short I will be speaking with Riverbank MC about their Nox test..

I have just been through the process and today received an email from TFL stating that my 2005 1150 gsa is exempt the Ulez ( nox emission reads reads 0.04 on the cert of conformity)
The people at BMW uk were very helpful and provided me with a pdf of the certificate of conformity which forwarded to TFL along with a scan of my V5 as proof of ownership.

Ditto here, 2003 GS1150, received the letter today so only one day on the train. BMW team very helfpul and no charge, me very relieved.

Ditto here, 2003 GS1150, received the letter today so only one day on the train. BMW team very helfpul and no charge, me very relieved.

And what I meant to add rather than simply sounding smug was good luck to anyone else getting exemption.

After a letter from 25th Feb from Tfl saying I was compliant I thought I would just check tonight and guess what it's still showing as non compliant. :nenau

What more do you need?

:nenau
For someone who has to travel through the ULEZ every day (not that I do) then the extra reassurance that everything at tfl's end is up to date. I can see people who have a letter of exemption still being fined because some muppet hasn't updated the system fully, then having to send in copies of the exemption letter in an effort to get the fines cancelled. :blast

So today I drove from tower bridge to Islington to my dentist. I used the commercial road route which is outside of the con charge and Ulez charge.

Parked up for my 1.5hrs stay £12 quite reasonable in London. Then I get hit with the £3 per hour surcharge because the engine is diesel. So £18 for 1.5 hrs for a car that is EURO4 emits unicorns and fairies. Twats.

What is the bloody point. I live on the edge of the ULeZ zone and all day has been stacked up dirty vehicles coughing out crap.

Back
Top Bottom