ULEZ update

I (eventually) got my letter from BMW this morning confirming NOx emmissions of 0.03g/kg for my 2001 R1150GS. No charge for this.

tumblr_pny262rKVu1rcg5c2o1_1280.jpg

Interestingly...... the Rockster appears to have been measured with a slightly higher NOx output.... weird.

Could be simply a tolerance difference on the test, could be the CCCP was genuinely never fitted to the Rockster in any marketplace (a point for discussion?), could have been a damp/dry day in the lab!

40804405233_0573e18cf0_z.jpg

That is good news and I was told the same,

I am currently just waiting for a reply myself ref the GS.. I will post up if I hear anything..

To anyone else is there a Data base that is being compiled that is showing models that have gained exemption or have been tested by Riverbank?. It could be a good idea to compile in one place?.

Surely it’d be in Riverside’s interest to do so.

For example, if I knew that a 2002 SV650 has previously passed their test, I’d be more inclined to take the plunge and have mine tested/exempted. As it is it’s too much of a risk to spend £175 on and I’ll just use my GS for London trips.

It's the sort of thing I would expect the BMW Owners Club to have started to be honest (if that august body still exists??)

I think they do, but as it is still only May, it might be a couple of months before they surface.

Does anyone have a direct email for BMW Germany ref getting a older model looked into to see if it conforms, I have fired off two emails to what I believe was BMW Moto Germany but as yet I have not heard anything..

Regards

Does anyone have a direct email for BMW Germany ref getting a older model looked into to see if it conforms, I have fired off two emails to what I believe was BMW Moto Germany but as yet I have not heard anything..

Regards

I very much doubt they'll be able to help on older models... Owners have reported that BMW didn't test emissions of earlier model bikes at the time as tests by manufacturers wasn't required.
And seeing as they're old bikes they don't have a new example off the production line to put through any official tests. :D

Wreford mentions in a earlier post about receiving information from BMW germany about his older bike, and they can't help.

Got my reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail, we apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we are currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries.

We can confirm that there is an EC Certificate of Conformity available for your vehicle (VIN: WB10).

You will find attached the required request form, please complete all sections in block capitals and return to the address detailed within the form. Please note only the legal owner can complete such application. Any application submitted without the correct proof of ownership (photocopies only) & administration fee will be rejected, full details of the requirements are listed within the request form.

Kind regards,
The Homologation Team

I’m going to try sending this to tfl, before shelling out the cash for a piece of paper.

John

Hi greenlaning, reading through the thread you got a reply. But it is not clear who the reply was from. Was it from BMW or TFL? I know you mentioned you'd try your luck with them, then posted the response but it reads as if BMW sent you an additional reply. I got the same original"please fill in form and pay x as we have a certificate for your bike etc" from BMW. Did you just send this and the v5 to TFL for a successful exemption?

Hi adventuredon

I tried BMW again and asked them to confirm the nox emission and I got a free letter in return, which it seems others have got as well and have used with tfl. I am waiting for a reply from tfl. Hope this helps
John

Hi adventuredon

I tried BMW again and asked them to confirm the nox emission and I got a free letter in return, which it seems others have got as well and have used with tfl. I am waiting for a reply from tfl. Hope this helps
John

ok cheers, i sent my email pasted onto a word doc and the v5 to tfl, but now realise my case would be stronger if I had e mailed bmw back! Ill ask BMW again then. Any chance of the template you used? did you just reply to the cocc e mail or direct to an address?

Well here is what I have written to BMW - basically reworded their own document to try and avoid paying for the Coc. Lets see what happens.
"BMW, thank you writing back.

To clarify, can you please confirm that at the time my vehicle was produced, the emissions calculation was not required for the EC Certificate of Conformity, therefore these values are missing from this document.

It would then be a possible unnecessary expense as I am mainly looking for the result of NOx emission measurement of my motorbike, which I believe should be available in the European Type Approval documentation.

Can you please include it in a letter along with other required information which I can then use to approach TfL directly for the daily charge waiver.

Kind regards"

Hi everyone, I just joined although I do not have a GS (can't climb up there!) but need help. I have a 2001 R1200C, and BMW told me they cannot issue me with a certificate be
cause is too old (2001). My only option is to go to the only place TFL recommends, a garage in East London, and pay £175 for an emissions test. I can live with this as long as I know it will not be a waste of money. What you think are the chances my bike does > o.15 NoX? I celieve it has a catalytic converter, and is pretty much the same engine as a 2001 GS, though mine does only 60hp. Any reply is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi everyone, I just joined although I do not have a GS (can't climb up there!) but need help. I have a 2001 R1200C, and BMW told me they cannot issue me with a certificate be
cause is too old (2001). My only option is to go to the only place TFL recommends, a garage in East London, and pay £175 for an emissions test. I can live with this as long as I know it will not be a waste of money. What you think are the chances my bike does > o.15 NoX? I celieve it has a catalytic converter, and is pretty much the same engine as a 2001 GS, though mine does only 60hp. Any reply is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't meet those standards given my '03 GSA (albeit twin spark) was rated at 0.03. When you say BMW told you it was too old, who exactly told you? Have you emailed the homologation department (eccoc@bmw.co.uk)? You need to send your VIN number and a copy of your V5.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't meet those standards given my '03 GSA (albeit twin spark) was rated at 0.03. When you say BMW told you it was too old, who exactly told you? Have you emailed the homologation department (eccoc@bmw.co.uk)? You need to send your VIN number and a copy of your V5.

Hi, I emailed them, and their reply was to contact BMW Germany as they issue certificates for 2002 or newer bikes.

Well here is what I have written to BMW - basically reworded their own document to try and avoid paying for the Coc. Lets see what happens.
"BMW, thank you writing back.

To clarify, can you please confirm that at the time my vehicle was produced, the emissions calculation was not required for the EC Certificate of Conformity, therefore these values are missing from this document.

It would then be a possible unnecessary expense as I am mainly looking for the result of NOx emission measurement of my motorbike, which I believe should be available in the European Type Approval documentation.

Can you please include it in a letter along with other required information which I can then use to approach TfL directly for the daily charge waiver.

Kind regards"

Email BMW enclosing a copy of your V5 asking for proof of Nox emmisions for use in getting exemption for the TFL ULEZ charge.

They'll send you a letter (by post) confrimng the Nox emmisions, they make no charge.

You then go to the TFL ULEZ website, register yourself and your vehicle, then go to the "my vehicle should be exempt" section and fill it in and enclose a copy of your logbook and the letter from BMW.

You'll receive a notice from TFL within a few days.

Email BMW enclosing a copy of your V5 asking for proof of Nox emmisions for use in getting exemption for the TFL ULEZ charge.

They'll send you a letter (by post) confrimng the Nox emmisions, they make no charge.

You then go to the TFL ULEZ website, register yourself and your vehicle, then go to the "my vehicle should be exempt" section and fill it in and enclose a copy of your logbook and the letter from BMW.

I did email them twice, their reply was to contact BMW Germany as they cannot provide this information as the bike is too old. That was the homologisation department, as well as their customer services :(

I did email them twice, their reply was to contact BMW Germany as they cannot provide this information as the bike is too old. That was the homologisation department, as well as their customer services :(

I was replying to adventure dons post, hence why i've quoted him...... BMW have given you your answer, so off you trot to Riverside for testing. I'd imagine your 1200C will breeze through the test.

yes cheers steppers, I have now replied to bmw this am. As per post up above. However, I may have cocked up as I thought greenlanes' reply was from TFL, so I initially registered with TFL and sent the e mail through stating I could get certificate etc. Anyhow, I'lll wait for bmw's reply/letter then do the tfl again. I'll post my outcome

My application to TFL has been refused, not sure why yet (currently in Bulgaria without my personal laptop), the email states:

Unfortunately your application cannot be processed as it is incomplete, and we are unable
to register the vehicle.

Will have to have another go, but not sure what other information I can give them.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the documents I supplied didn't upload to their servers correctly?

My application to TFL has been refused, not sure why yet (currently in Bulgaria without my personal laptop), the email states:

Will have to have another go, but not sure what other information I can give them.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the documents I supplied didn't upload to their servers correctly?

Have you registered the vehicle with them on the ULEZ database? .. once registered you then go the section for exemption and send them the C of C showing the vehicle details and a copy of your reg document. .

Have you registered the vehicle with them on the ULEZ database? .. once registered you then go the section for exemption and send them the C of C showing the vehicle details and a copy of your reg document. .

Yup, followed the full procedure.
It may be that they're not accepting the letter from BMW, which seems odd

Back
Top Bottom