ULEZ update

Have you registered the vehicle with them on the ULEZ database? .. once registered you then go the section for exemption and send them the C of C showing the vehicle details and a copy of your reg document. .

Looking at the TFL site again it states:

Required documents
Vehicle manufactured to a higher Euro standard than was mandatory (early adopters):
Copy of vehicle registration document (V5C or foreign equivalent)
Vehicle Manufacturers Conformity Certificate
Letter signed by a named individual from the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department showing the:
- Number plate (Vehicle Registration Mark)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to - fuel type
- nitrogen oxides (NOx) value and particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel)

According to that I need the letter from the homologation department, AND the Certificate of Conformity - has anyone else managed to get this CoC out of BMW?? I just received a letter from the homologation department (copy above). This may be why my initial application failed?

I've tried the application again with what I've got, and I'll see what I get back.

Looking at the TFL site again it states:

According to that I need the letter from the homologation department, AND the Certificate of Conformity - has anyone else managed to get this CoC out of BMW?? I just received a letter from the homologation department (copy above). This may be why my initial application failed?

I've tried the application again with what I've got, and I'll see what I get back.

Why is it only you having this problem ? I, and everyone else, only needed a copy of the letter sent by bmw confirming the Nox emissions (there’s a few pictures of the same letter in the thread) and a copy of my V5 ... are you using the TFL “my vehicle should be exempt” procedure on their website ? Where you simply tick a few boxes and upload a scan or picture of your letter and V5

Why is it only you having this problem ? I, and everyone else, only needed a copy of the letter sent by bmw confirming the Nox emissions (there’s a few pictures of the same letter in the thread) and a copy of my V5 ... are you using the TFL “my vehicle should be exempt” procedure on their website ? Where you simply tick a few boxes and upload a scan or picture of your letter and V5

If i knew the answer to that question there wouldn't be a problem! :D

FFS...

here's a copy the info and link on the TFL page after you've input your bikes reg number - when you're on this page click on the part i've put in red "Register a UK vehicle"..

ULEZ charge applies to this vehicle
Daily charge: £12.50

Why: This could be because the vehicle’s details as registered with us show it doesn’t meet the required ULEZ standards OR it's registered outside the UK and we don't hold any details for it.

If you believe your vehicle meets the standards:

Register a non-UK vehicle
Register a UK vehicle
Until we confirm that your vehicle meets the emissions standards, you need to pay the daily ULEZ charge whenever you drive within the zone.

The checker ONLY checks the emissions standard of the vehicle.

Once you've clicked on the link you'll be taken to this page =

which has the following information about what you need ...

Documents you need for proof

All vehicles:

A copy of the vehicle's V5C or non-UK equivalent
Plus

To prove your vehicle meets the ULEZ standards:

A letter from the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department stating the vehicle's Euro standard or a conformity certificate

- just do as prompted on the page and you'll get your exemption ... i can't understand why you seem to have entered into a discussion with TFL when there is no need to .

here's a LINK for compliance registration to show where you should be..

FFS...

here's a copy the info and link on the TFL page after you've input your bikes reg number - when you're on this page click on the part i've put in red "Register a UK vehicle"..

ULEZ charge applies to this vehicle
Daily charge: £12.50

Why: This could be because the vehicle’s details as registered with us show it doesn’t meet the required ULEZ standards OR it's registered outside the UK and we don't hold any details for it.

If you believe your vehicle meets the standards:

Register a non-UK vehicle
Register a UK vehicle
Until we confirm that your vehicle meets the emissions standards, you need to pay the daily ULEZ charge whenever you drive within the zone.

The checker ONLY checks the emissions standard of the vehicle.

Once you've clicked on the link you'll be taken to this page =

which has the following information about what you need ...

All vehicles:

Plus

A letter from the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department stating the vehicle's Euro standard or a conformity certificate

- just do as prompted on the page and you'll get your exemption ... i can't understand why you seem to have entered into a discussion with TFL when there is no need to .

here's a LINK for compliance registration to show where you should be..

Jeez...

Yes.

I
Have
Done
Exa-ctly
That.
(Twice)

I
Have
Re-cei-ved
A
Diff-er-ent
Res-ponse
For
Some
As
Yet
Un-known
Rea-son.

I
Am
Pos-ting
My
Ex-pe-ri-ence
To
Let
You
Know.

Clear?

;)

On the actual page where you upload the documents/photos (https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/compliance-registration/upload) , you get this section of text:
Required documents
Vehicle manufactured to a higher Euro standard than was mandatory (early adopters):
Copy of vehicle registration document (V5C or foreign equivalent)
Vehicle Manufacturers Conformity Certificate
Letter signed by a named individual from the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department showing the:
- Number plate (Vehicle Registration Mark)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to - fuel type
- nitrogen oxides (NOx) value and particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel)

(as I posted above).

On the FIRST page that you'd come to when looking to register for the exemption(https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/compliance-registration/before-you-start), you get this :
All vehicles:
Plus

As you can see - there is a difference in the required evidentiary proofs required.

I suspect that this is where my application may be falling over - but obviously I have no idea why it's me* that's having this issue when everyone else seems to be sailing through.

* Note - this is the kind of shit that happens to me all the time - so maybe it's just the way of things. :jager

I just realised that reply is somewhat disingenuous.

I have no idea why it is only me that is having the issue.

Yes - I am using the 'my vehicle should be exempt' procedures (ie - register vehicle for use within the ULEZ and then try to claim exemption).

Yes - I am uploading a scan of my V5 and the BMW letter.

:)

So - just to make TFL's stance even more farcical.... I just received the documentation that my application was approved.

So - no idea what position in TFL Steptoe holds, but many thanks to him for getting it sorted out! ;) :D

(sorry if my posts above come across as a bit rude - I was a touch frustrated at the time. No - I'm not going to remove them, I don't believe in attempting to hide mistakes :) )

So - just to make TFL's stance even more farcical.... I just received the documentation that my application was approved.

So - no idea what position in TFL Steptoe holds, but many thanks to him for getting it sorted out! ;) :D

(sorry if my posts above come across as a bit rude - I was a touch frustrated at the time. No - I'm not going to remove them, I don't believe in attempting to hide mistakes :) )

All's well that ends well. :D

my "new" letter from bmw arrived confirming conformity. I scanned it in and sent it with v5. heres hoping..

Hi. I have a 1998 1100 GS. I emailed eccoc BMW and they said that my bike was too old to have NOx data. Do you have a different bmw email address so I can get an official data value and send this off to TFL?

Maybe it's time to start another outpouring of bile and vexation over why this is in the Oilhead forum rather than in the Beakchat or the Offences forum? :augie

This London bollox regulation won't just apply to Oilheads, will it?

No bile or vexation here :)

I emailed BMW ECCOC department on Friday 24/05 with my VIN number and V5C scans, and I received the CoC document in PDF format at 09:45 today.

Given there was a bank holiday, I think that is impressive - I suspect that they are using RPA to scan the incoming emails for VIN and ownership info, and automatically generating the output document based on their internal database of emissions by VIN / manufacture date.

I completed the TfL online application in less than five minutes, including the creation of a new London Charging Account.
All pretty straightforward, let's hope the approval process is as straightforward.

And me....

COC received from BMW 5 days after the V5 submission and request and six working days later have today had an email from TFL saying i am now exempt... seems pretty slick if a PITA to me

Hi. I have a 1998 1100 GS. I emailed eccoc BMW and they said that my bike was too old to have NOx data. Do you have a different bmw email address so I can get an official data value and send this off to TFL?

If BMW don't have the NOx data, then the next option is to take the bike to be tested at their approved testing facility.

I read someone got an RD350 or something equally unlikely through a month or so ago (it was in one of the free bike mags IIRC), so an 100GS in decent condition shouldn't have an issue. Only snag is that it's (IIRC) £175 and somewhere in the depths of South London (there be dragoins!)

Only snag is that it's (IIRC) £175 and somewhere in the depths of South London (there be dragoins!)

It's actually in Hackney, where there used to be very very bad dragons indeed, but is now all sweetness and light and refreshing fragrances.

It's actually in Hackney, where there used to be very very bad dragons indeed, but is now all sweetness and light and refreshing fragrances.

Bow acshooealy, just up from and within gobbing distance of the Roman (said in my best Steptoe Cockerney twang [1]).

Andres

[1] Sarf Lundun twang to be more precise..............

Rivebank Motorcycles, they’re called.

Just an FYI, I just called them to enquire about my modded 2001 SV650, which has had the catalytic converter removed when I fitted a new exhaust.

Long story short, the guy I spoke to was really helpful and VERY confident that regardless of your bike’s set up, there were adjustments they can make to help get your bike through, from carb adjustments to fitting one or 2 catalytic converters - yes they cost extra, but the end result is they’re pretty sure they can mod your bike to make it compliant.

Back
Top Bottom