ULEZ update

Bow acshooealy, just up from and within gobbing distance of the Roman (said in my best Steptoe Cockerney twang [1]).

Andres

[1] Sarf Lundun twang to be more precise..............

Gertcha, you cowson.

Morning all,

Just a bit of information that you may find interesting..

As we know the ULEZ is expanding 2021 to the A406, well yesterday I was on the A406 from the Crooked billet interchange (Billet roundabout-Waterworks roundabout, both directions) and they have just installed the ULEZ signs warning of the boundary my guess to make it clear that the scheme is certainly coming to this location all be it in a year or so.

Now I also saw to the nearside of the carriageway was a new camera setup, I first thought they were new speed cameras as there is a new "camera" sign installed at this location my guess over the weekend but they are not Yellow and I can not find the camera style in any UK speed camera Glossary.

This makes me believe that the Cameras are for the ULEZ.

Now the bit I am slightly curious about is that these cameras are forward facing from what I can make out, there is no evidence I can see of a reward facing camera....

:nenau :augie

Afternoon all.

I own a 99 R1150GS, and attempted to get a CoC from BMW ECCOC, but got the following reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your BMW Motorrad was produced in May 1999 and for motorcycles a Certificate of Conformity only became available from 2002.
Unfortunately, due to the age of the vehicle, there is no technical information available (including emissions) in our systems.

As your request is in relation to the ULEZ introduced by TFL, more information is available from their website:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/motorcycles-mopeds-and-more

Motorbikes for which the NOx data is not available may need to undergo an emission test.

It is with regret we cannot be of greater assistance.

Kind regards,
The Homologation Team

What are my options now? Apart from the daylight robbery that is the designated ULEZ testing garage...

Thanks.

Afternoon all.

I own a 99 R1150GS, and attempted to get a CoC from BMW ECCOC, but got the following reply:

What are my options now? Apart from the daylight robbery that is the designated ULEZ testing garage...

Thanks.

Get it checked at the registered garage - the details are somewhere in this thread, I can't remember it offhand, (but a brief scroll up the page might be informative).

The bike came with a Remus exhaust and cat-delete/Y-pipe - I’m concerned it wouldn’t pass... and I don’t have a spare OEM exhaust or cat I can stick on.

The bike came with a Remus exhaust and cat-delete/Y-pipe - I’m concerned it wouldn’t pass... and I don’t have a spare OEM exhaust or cat I can stick on.

The only suggestions I have for that are to get it checked by the registered garage, and then (if it doesn't pass), start looking for parts on ebay.

I have 3 bikes, all 2000- 2004, without cats and have carbs that pass the ulez .15g/km NoX limit.
I'm not saying yours will pass but a test is the only way to find out if the CoC doesn't have the required info.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I have 3 bikes, all 2000- 2004, without cats and have carbs that pass the ulez .15g/km NoX limit.
I'm not saying yours will pass but a test is the only way to find out if the CoC doesn't have the required info.

Thanks. Do we know of any '99 or '00 1150GS (or even 1100GS?) owners who have done this on these forums? It's hard to find such specific information.

You're right to be concerned. The early BMW's aren't very emmisions friendly.

Well... :rob my 2002 pumps out just 0.07 of Nox so.... check with the BMW Homologation Team to get the right answer.

Well... :rob my 2002 pumps out just 0.07 of Nox so.... check with the BMW Homologation Team to get the right answer.

That's reassuring to hear. Do you have the original emissions system on it?
What I guess I'm looking to know really is, if there were any changes between '99 and '02 when they started testing emissions, that might affect the measurements.

R1150GS's though?

Yes, so does my 1150. But the pre 2000 1100 models weren't tested by BMW so they can't provide the figures or documentation required by TFL...... As already stated in this thread

That's reassuring to hear. Do you have the original emissions system on it?
What I guess I'm looking to know really is, if there were any changes between '99 and '02 when they started testing emissions, that might affect the measurements.

R1150GS's though?

No they aren't, my post was indicating that a catylist (or fi) isn't necessarily required to meet ulez's nox limit.

Just got my reply.

Been putting if off, but finally found time to do it, to be honest once you have the letter from BMW it takes minutes to do on the TFL site.

Reply in less than a week 👍

2002 R1150GS Single Spark

Here is the reply

Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) – Compliance Registration
Thank you for your application to register vehicle with us.
We can confirm that this vehicle meets the required standards, is exempt from the scheme or is subject to a 100% discount. This means you will not need to pay a ULEZ charge to travel in the zone.

BMW were great in getting the CoC to me for my 2002 R1150GS

It took me 4 times sending in exactly the same documentation before TfL agreed it was except, (NOx of 0.03)

First refusal just stated not exempt so I asked why, TfL said it had to be Euro 3

Second submission with a letter explaining that CoC states NOx of 0.03 so should be exempt, refused with no explanation.

Third submission with a letter asking exactly why it was being refused and including the same documentation, refused, no explanation

Fourth with a letter and copy pasted all the stuff from TfL website detailing what was required and that I had included everything they needed, accepted.

Whole process took about 6 weeks.

Pretty sure it depends who’s desk it lands on. What the hell are they going to do when the new zone comes in next year. I am about 50m inside the South Circular and ever other car in the road does NOT meet the requirements. Out of the 5 bikes and 2 cars in the household only the GS now meets there rules (just) Guess they will just make a lot of money out of people who can’t really afford it.

Pretty sure it depends who’s desk it lands on. What the hell are they going to do when the new zone comes in next year. I am about 50m inside the South Circular and ever other car in the road does NOT meet the requirements. Out of the 5 bikes and 2 cars in the household only the GS now meets there rules (just) Guess they will just make a lot of money out of people who can’t really afford it.
:thumb2

Yep most folk can only afford older cars to get to and from work ..as usual the lower paid suffer :mad:

Just tried doing this by sending an email to eccoc@bmw.co.uk

Now asking for 120 quid admin fee :mad:

Is there an alternate email address, or does anyone have a contact?

edit: Ignore this, apparently the fee doesn't need to be paid according the note on the email.

Useful thread, thanks all :beerjug:

Thanks. Do we know of any '99 or '00 1150GS (or even 1100GS?) owners who have done this on these forums? It's hard to find such specific information.

I just submitted my GS 2000 manufactured and imported here from Germany in 2001. BMW UK gave me the letter stating it's under 0.03 which I uploaded to TFL and within hours it was on the system and on the database. Now time to do the R1100S too!

Back
Top Bottom