ULEZ update

Super Fast

I sent the details of my 2004 GSA to BMW on Monday evening and got a pdf back today ready to forward to the ULEZ squad.
Impressed with the BMW response

My 05 1150 Adv is now exempt. Sent the necessary details to BMW last weds, received CoC the following day. Pinged straight off to TFL, notice received from TFL this morning confirming vehicle meets requirements and now 100% exempt . :thumb

By following the process on this thread I've just had my 2001 1150GS cleared for ULEZ by TfL - almost by return.

Does anyone know whether the same process would work for an 1100?

By following the process on this thread I've just had my 2001 1150GS cleared for ULEZ by TfL - almost by return.

Does anyone know whether the same process would work for an 1100?

Unfortunately no ( assuming you mean the 1100GS and not the 1100S) . BMW didn’t test the older 1100 models, as it wasn’t required, so can’t issue a certificate stating emissions...... there’s a garage in Hackney that can test the nox emmisions and certify for a Ulez exception. But it costs.

Good thread this one!

I followed the pointers and sent off my request to BMW for my 2003 R1150 RT on 10th September and received an acknowledgement straight back.
It said they were inundated and would deal with it ASAP.

Finally got my letter from them on 12th October confirming the NOx emissions so sent that off to TfL today - TfL said 10 days - so all looking good!

It will certainly add another feather to the bow if I ever sell it!

there’s a garage in Hackney that can test the nox emmisions and certify for a Ulez exception. But it costs.

What's the contact info?
I'm trying to understand if a DRZ400 will go through as it was roughly the same from 2000 to 2010.

Not too shabby, 3 days later (today) I have my email acceptance letter from TfL........

For those interested as the other thread has now been locked. BMW sent me a letter yesterday that followed on from an email from them. My 2001 GS didn't require the NOX etc to be recorded on the CoC at the time of production. They have therefore written to me stating that the bike complies with Euro one requirements but that the NOX output is as mentioned elsewhere 0.03 so well below the ULEZ limit.
When I emailed BMW I included a copy of the V5 so they have added my VIN in the letter.
I submitted both letter and V5 scan to TfL last night and will wait and see what comes back.
I will update with the reply from TfL.
I have just appealed against a prosecution for the Ulez charge for a 2004 1200GS, and the charge has been dismissed.

I had to send a copy of all the pages of the V5, as well as the Certificate of Conformity. I have also requested that the 1200 GS is registered as a compliant bike, and copied BMW so (hopefully) they can follow up.

I was going to post a copy the the letter from CC London, but I cant figure out how. :-(

I have also requested that the 1200 GS is registered as a compliant bike, and copied BMW so (hopefully) they can follow up.
I tried this a couple of years ago when I registered my '06 Breva 1100 as exempt. I had to get the CoC from the factory in Italy via typical Italian red tape and it was so painful I thought I'd try to do other owners a favour. But TfL said that exemption for bikes registered before the 2007 cut-off was on a 'per individual bike' basis, not a blanket arrangement for all instances of the same model. Probably this approach is because the CoC is specific to a VIN and emissions compliance can sometimes change within the lifetime of nominally the same model (e.g. single- and twin-spark 1150s).

But good luck!

Back
Top Bottom