Centre Stand

Happy to meet up at some point, not during OE2019 next week though. A friend tried and made it look easy!

Centre stand.

I'm 12stone and 5' 8" and have no difficulty putting bike on stand. Points to bear in mind though. Don't pull on left hand grip as overtime the grip, if heated, will fail. Place foot on sticky out bit on centre stand, left and right hand support the bike and transfer weight through right leg and hey presto the bike is on the stand. It's the easiest bike I've ever owned for putting on the centre stand.

I can be found on any given weekend giving learners lessons on many things including use of centre stands 👍

So I got my 750GS on Friday and put it in the centre stand yesterday to fit engine bars. I was apprehensive that it would be very difficult to put onto and take off the stand... however it was no harder than a 1200GS and certainly much easier to get off the stand - I found the 2018-on 1200GS very hard to get off the stand, almost as if the stand is too long.
The 750 stand is also quite meaty and the bike feels very secure when up.

I am 64 and 12 stone. Using my right foot on the stand, I find it a very easy bike to get on to the centre stand. Much easier than my last two bikes, one of which was lighter!

Back
Top Bottom