Biting the Bullet

Hate to tell you this... but you haven't routed the rear brake lines and speed sensor cable correctly through the final drive brace.... :D

They're supposed to go over the final drive brace mount bolt, and under the brace so hidden and protected through to the end.

It'll have to come off again :blast

Hate to tell you this... but you haven't routed the rear brake lines and speed sensor cable correctly through the final drive brace.... :D

They're supposed to go over the final drive brace mount bolt, and under the brace so hidden and protected through to the end.

It'll have to come off again :blast

I think you must be trying to wind him up because they are in the right place but just needs the black protector/cover putting on.

I think you must be trying to wind him up because they are in the right place but just needs the black protector/cover putting on.

Oh yeah... my mistake :D

Carry on....

In other news...
The panzer lives. Started up first time on the button. Has been run up to a good temp a couple of times. All the bodywork is back on (less the rear Altrider luggage plate and the skid plate). Just need to check that the oil pressure is ok and that the oil relief valve (that bit of plastic in a deeply buried bearing) is doing its job. Oil drains from the sump window when its running and fills back up on shut down - so oil is being pumped round the galleries but just want to double check. This oil and filter will be sacrificed for new before it's taken out on the road.
Busy this weekend so should have some pics on B/H monday - hopefully in the sun. Need a check ride to ensure ABS, ASC, Cruise control etc all work and then its done...apart from an MoT and the bodywork wrap...

In other news...
The panzer lives. Started up first time on the button. Has been run up to a good temp a couple of times. All the bodywork is back on (less the rear Altrider luggage plate and the skid plate). Just need to check that the oil pressure is ok and that the oil relief valve (that bit of plastic in a deeply buried bearing) is doing its job. Oil drains from the sump window when its running and fills back up on shut down - so oil is being pumped round the galleries but just want to double check. This oil and filter will be sacrificed for new before it's taken out on the road.
Busy this weekend so should have some pics on B/H monday - hopefully in the sun. Need a check ride to ensure ABS, ASC, Cruise control etc all work and then its done...apart from an MoT and the bodywork wrap...

Best thread in here for a very long time. You have any diagnostic gear for the bike?

Great news.. The first fire up always gets my heart rate going... Hope it all works as it should... Oil pressure will be fine.. you'd know about it by now if not....
Finished pic's required :)

Brilliant! :thumb

Now give us more details on who and where helped with the disassembly and the powder coating etc.? My 2016 frames will need a powdercoat soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

looking forward to seeing the pics when its finished

Shakedown test tomorrow - Hawes or Alston. Steady ride out as I’ve not been on two wheels for 5 months.
Also in two minds of getting the decal set from France or just waiting and getting a pro paint job in the winter.
I’ll post links to all those who contributed. But I’m chuffed.

Looks really well! Excellent paint scheme! Sit back and admire(after it's been ridden of course) , job well done sir!

Looks good. Are you bringing it to the Dent weekend?

Looks great.. well done.. Hope it goes as good as it looks.. sure it will :)

Back
Top Bottom