Arrow headers

Jersey bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking possibly at a set of arrow header pipes & wondered if anybody had fitted a set. If so any change to the fuelling & is a rear insulated jacket still needed on the rear cylinder ? I have a wings silencer already fitted so any advice would be appreciated.

I've used Arrow CAT-less headers with Wings Shorty on my 1190, and migrated them to my 1290 (both R's).

No probs with the engine, feels nice and free. But I did need to trim around 15mm off one of the pipe sections connecting to the rear cylinder, not sure why!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had Arrow headers on my last 1290. On my new one, I’ve had the standard headers de-catted & ceramic coated, and also have the insulated rear link pipe. Along with a Wings. I’ve not noticed any difference in performance between headers, so I’d advise chopping the original ones, and saving some money.:thumb

I had Arrow headers on my last 1290. On my new one, I’ve had the standard headers de-catted & ceramic coated, and also have the insulated rear link pipe. Along with a Wings. I’ve not noticed any difference in performance between headers, so I’d advise chopping the original ones, and saving some money.:thumb
Yes a mate of mine did his himself (followed by a few others) and said it wasn't difficult, contrary to what I'd read on forums. Plenty of PPE would be sensible though I think platinum etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that nutty, I take it you just chopped the cat section out completely and welded a new piece of pipe in ? Also can you recommend someone for the ceramic coating. Thanks

Thanks for that nutty, I take it you just chopped the cat section out completely and welded a new piece of pipe in ? Also can you recommend someone for the ceramic coating. Thanks

The dealer knows a company that did it, so they just chopped it out. I don’t have the name of the ceramic guys to hand, but they’re in Abingdon.

Thanks for the info, have cut the cat out and now welding the piece back in to remove it. Will pack up and send to performance 1 coatings who were very helpful.

Thanks for the info, have cut the cat out and now welding the piece back in to remove it. Will pack up and send to performance 1 coatings who were very helpful.

Just make sure they coat the inside and outside, as they’ll be harder wearing. :rob :thumb

If no Performance difference is it for a better sound you would do it?
Thinking about it myself...

No not for any performance gain, just getting rid of the cat and coating to get rid of any heat.

If no Performance difference is it for a better sound you would do it?
Thinking about it myself...

If you’re chopping the cat out, there will be a performance improvement.

Back
Top Bottom