Lehinch rideouts

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are there any proposed routes yet for the weekend???
AS we are spending a week in the Emerald Isle it would be useful to know where the proposed ride-outs are so we dont end up doing them twice:D
Info appreciated
:beer:

Lahinch Rideouts

Would be good to know if there was an offroad one planned - just so as I could come with the right tyres.

From Pthagonal's Website

Saturday Ride Out

i think a few smaller rideouts will be organised this year, itsa bit easier than one big one, the roads are small and it would probably be better this way..

I will have maps and suggestions for anyone who wants to do their own thing..

there are plenty of places to see ..

The Burren, Alwee Caves, The Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Doolin, The Arran Islands, Kilfenora, Lisdoonvarna, Liscannor, Milltown Malbay, Spanish Point, and Lehinch itself.

more info coming soon..

The Scenic Route - up along the coast road via the cliffs of moher, through the burren and along the coast road to ballyvaughan, we can do corkscrew hill and come back through the other side of the burren through Kilenora and Lisdoonvarna.. we will take in father teds house along the way and stop off somewhere nice for some food.
Off Road - we hope to persuade Phill Gunn to take those interested off road again this year, i will have more info later, but if its anything like last year it should be interesting..

Last year there were two rideouts, Phil's off-road and Pthagonal's tourist trap road ride. In short there were too many on the road ride and not enough helping out with the rides hence one only.

It would be nice if some of those with local knowledge could put there hand up and lead a smaller group around, failing that buy a map and do some planning.

I have a 1:210 000 road map of Ireland which I have marked up with some routes which people can look at Friday and transpose onto their own maps or make up a 'roadbook' if they like.

Judge

If Phil is doing an off road, then I will be coming on TKCs and doing that - it was fantastic last year.

If Phil is not doing an off road, then I will come on the Endos and would be more than happy to lead a road rideout.

Sadly I dont know the off road routes well enough to lead one.

So if someone could let me know if the offroad is happening fairly soon I would be grateful.

Im up for an offroad run didnt do it last year and by looking at the pics i think i missed out

Matron said:
... i want to go to father teds house......
So did a few last year but not many found it. So in the interests of research and to keep the peace.

The Craggy Island Parochial House is located in a hamlet called Glenquin in the Burren National Park.

Directions from base camp Tosser:

From Lahinch take the N67 east to Ennistimon then continue North on the same road taking a right fork onto the R481 to Kilfenora. Head out of Kilfenora onto the R476 to Killinaboy. At Killinaboy, turn left on the Boston Road*, go past the school, and just keep on following the road, you know you are near when you see a stream running on the left of the road, a bit further and the house is on the left.

If you're unsure still back into Killinaboy and ask around

* It doesn't have a name but it goes to Boston, if you get to Boston you were on the right road so turn around and go back!! There ya go true Irish common sense!! :D

Attachments

• parochial2.jpg
    parochial2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 192
don't suppose you have grid reference for the house do you?

Why would anyone actrually want to go and see it???

It's not as id anything will be happening there....it's just a very boring looking grey stone house ffs......

I really don't understand :nenau

ah but after you see it you round around annoying people sayin' go on,go on, go on,go on...and feck in a bad Irish accent:D

Bill your right it's only a house.. what next Emerdale:D

cookie said:
it's a cultural landmark.

So is the tree that Bolan mashed himself on.....why the feck would anyone want to see a stupid damp tree in a clump of stupid damp trees that are similar to any other bunch of stupid damp trees anywhere else though??

Seeing a beauty spot, high cliffs, moors, mountains, lakes, caves, anything like that I can understand, but I truly can't comprehend the desire to see the house that appeared on a second rate sitcom's titles when you're able to look at a photo of it.....it's not like there's anything to learn like there is seeing an elephant after looking at a picture of one :confused:

PS the twats even got the wrong tree for Bolan :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mind you, I've never understood autograph hunting either.......

WTF :confused: :nenau

Lah Hinch

...listen up, lads...

Ye are on a visit to the respectable Co. of Clare in the Province of Connacht .

There is to be no horseplay, humping, honking, hell-raising or hooring.

There is a reputation to uphold, O.K.

Nothing less than the highest standard of gentlemanly behaviour will be tolerated.
There are to be no low standards in high places or any other level.

Transgressors will be rusticated with immediate effect & no appeal.

Signed: de oversteer

P.S. Please refrain from the use of the crude term "BASH" in this context.

Re: Lah Hinch

P.J. said:
...listen up, lads...

Ye are on a visit to the respectable Co. of Clare in the Province of Connacht .

There is to be no horseplay, humping, honking, hell-raising or hooring.

There is a reputation to uphold, O.K.

Nothing less than the highest standard of gentlemanly behaviour will be tolerated.
There are to be no low standards in high places or any other level.

Transgressors will be rusticated with immediate effect & no appeal.

Signed: de oversteer

P.S. Please refrain from the use of the crude term "BASH" in this context.

Bollix!!!!!!

Pardeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

:hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast :hogroast

Bill did you get an sense of humour extraction" second rate sitcom's "

next you'll be tellin' me you don't own a copy of "The Quiet Man"with two of the nicest IRA men you would ever meet:)

better get a copy quick and learn the lingo for Lachinch

quietman_courting.jpg
quietman801560.jpg

Back
Top Bottom