V11 Sport. Experiences?

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've found myself with a bit of a hankering for a V11 Sport.

Just curious if there are/were any owners and their experiences?

TIA, R :thumb

V11 Sport ?

I had one for two years. Lovely engine, handled super & was always reliable.
The paint flakes off the bevel box.
Only sold it as I could n't find any decent independent servicing on my side of town.

I had one for two years. Lovely engine, handled super & was always reliable.
The paint flakes off the bevel box.
Only sold it as I could n't find any decent independent servicing on my side of town.

The best guy frequents this forum

Cheers all, and for the PM. Will be in touch.. :thumb

PS not raining here :D

I had the later V1200 Sport if that's any help and only rode the V11 albeit having never properly owned one. The V11 Sport is now more of a collectors item and will become so more. As I recall, the V11 can "surprise" you on corners and the last thing you ever wanted to do was enter a roundabout at a higher speed than "ideal" when you're after the 3rd exit ! Try it and you'll see what I mean :) Very scary as the bike can buck/weave at the same time and give a feeling like the frame itself is stepping out. That's one of many things MG rectified with the later bikes.

Many V11's were thus "much modified" with improved suspension and other valuable enhancements that you read about in the many pages of the Moto Guzzi Club Newsletters. Still, they are lovely looking bikes and very much one for the serious owner, if I can put it that way. You cannot "half own" a V11...it's either all out or all in ! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom