New bike

After years of riding a GSA and only ever haven taken it off-road twice, the RS suits me down to the ground tbh.

I love the RS better sport bike than most sports bikes. The front end is amazing, the best i have tried.
I have keyless on my RT and love it due to the central locking, saves having to do the rounds checking if all the boxes are locked when I park.
The glovebox and filler is also locked by the keyless but not the satnav.
I hate it in my Mary's car. You have to hold the clutch down to start!!
I was originally in the "Victor Meldrew" category re keyless ignition & the central locking for that matter, but after a month or two on my new RT I have had to eat my words. I only wish it would also open my front door........
I am bemused that the GS/GSA range, plus the K1600's, all lock the sat-nav in, but the RT doesn't. Seems bizarre. :nenau
I'll have to be careful in the summer when I ride one of my older bikes, that I don't just pull up, switch off & walk away, leaving the key in the ignition........

i have keyless, happy with it, like it because all i do is push the button even i can do that though can put key into thingy if necessary

Graham

I've got keyless, but can't really see the point - if you need to lock/unlock panniers, lift the seat, or take the Satnav off, you still have to use the "manual" key attached to the keyless one. The plastic transponder key breaks easily, as I found out. Ordered a plain old-fashioned metal key through BMW (not expensive) which I keep on a spare keyring with the broken transponder key in my trouser pocket and to give to a mate to carry as back-up when on trips, and I can keep the keyless one tucked safely away in my jacket. SORTED.

Back
Top Bottom