Yamaha szr ,will not start ,HELP

Most idle mix screws would have fallen out after around 4 turns :D
Haha, true, but quite a few people with these engines on the MZ forum have used this as a fix. It's probably safest to turn out one turn at a time beyond standard and see if it helps?

I'll try the screw thing, it's had a new plug and fuel ect. Thanks

Have you seen the attached; may help with a few ideas........... https://mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8111&start=15

It certainly is a rather over-complex arrangement. My initial reaction was that this sounds like a jet blockage, maybe caused by dirty fuel from the tank if it's been standing around.

However some insist that setting the the tickover high & the idle mix rich sorts it. Make sure all the vac hoses & breathers are connected correctly.

Thanks fir that I'll give it a go,it's definitely a carb issue.

I have an old Mz Skorpion with the same engine. When the carbs were cleaned did they clean the tiny filter between the two carbs. They need to be separated to clean them properly. Also the choke plunger sticks. Take it out and clean it. Best done on the kitchen table on a white sheet. My missus was impressed when she came home and all the little bits were spread over the table and the house stank of carb cleaner. :)

Attachments

• vergaserartikelbez.jpg
    vergaserartikelbez.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 538

Back
Top Bottom