Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Escape (and added attractions)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Make it to Wrocklaw and settle into the digs.

Its basic but its clean, warm and the beds have wrap round curtains so you get a degree of privacy.

Discreet bike parking round the back, so all in all it's a success.

The lady owner recommends Shit , Shower, Shave, Bus to town.

Someone complained later about my shitting in the shower. Clearly they were given different instructions.

Bus stop nearby so off to the bright lights of Wrocklaw....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Great stuff keep it coming
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

So I bimble to bus stop and discover that its a cash only machine prior to boarding. The ferry lesson hasnt been learnt yet.........

Dynamic Risk Assessment carried out, and it suggests that if I play the "Terry Fuckwit Tourist" card I should be OK should I get challenged......

Get on bus going in vaguely correct direction.

Duty soviet bloc like, shot putter esque ticket lady comes ominously along the aisle like Mongo riding into town.

Sadly Mongo not like candy or Bel Vita bars so I'm un ceremoniously booted off

Happily a 10 min stroll has me in Wrocklaw centre and indeed its lovely.

The Wrocklaw 10k run is on tomorrow so there are loads of quality sights to see in lycra. Those guys must put some miles in.

Bit of food, bit of reading up about Hitlers Lair and the Von Stauffenberg plot and then chill in outdoor coffee bar taking in the atmosphere.

Lovely place, recommended.

V pretty

Olde world

Bit of modern art on walk back... .

Wrocklaw 10k.......

Middlesborough 1 k

Remember folks, with lycra comes great responsibility.....

Plan tomorrow is to head through Czech Republic on route to Berchesgarten area, see how far I get....

So up and at it by 0800 to avoid the road race in Wrocklaw.

The hostel was fab, breakfast too for I think 12 quid or so. Definately a good move if you dont mind that sort of thing.

There are numerous road closures being set up so I dodge and weave a few barriers on empty roads and stumble out on the compass heading SW.

Stop for coffee in village and put it a random town name in SW Czech Republic. Nav 6 set to windy roads mode, I disengage mental nav mode and just follow it all day.

The route weaves to the S of Prague and N of Brno. Great roads and lunch stop in the Bohemian Forest town of Humpolec.

Another pretty place.

The Teutonic Knights founded the town at the beginning of the 13th century. The first mention is from 1233. One hundred years later it was already mentioned as a town. At the turn of the 15th century Humpolec became a centre of the large domain around the Orlík castle. During the 13th - 15th centuries gold and silver were mined here and the drapery developed from the 15th century. In 1807 Humpolec was promoted to the free town.

The steep square of the town is divided into two parts with the block of houses and with the St. Nicholas' Church. Both of the parts were reconstructed under the design of Josef Gočár between 1939 - 1941.

The town hall from 1912, which is in the Art Nouveau style, and the museum of Aleš Hrdlička can be seen in the upper square. The former town hall from 1873 and the gallery of Gustav Mahler are situated in the lower part.

Thankfully as well as all the cultural stuff noted in previous post I'm happy to report that it's also teeming with fit women.

A lot were after some GSAC but I'm on a mission so sorry ladies.......

Post lunch and I'm a bit fatigued so pull over and start looking for somewhere to book up for the night.

Hotels.com pull it out of the bag and find me a huge room in a lodge near a lake in the fantastically named Horni Plana.

I cant remember but it was certainly less that 20 quid B and B.

The route there is fantastic and I'm might impressed with the accommodation. Its out of season so v quiet. My room is enormous and the setting is right next to the lake.

They are not doing food so I cook up some rice on my mini stove outside, grab a rare beer and chill out.

Its a great setting and just what I need as Im fucked and need an early night.

Horni Plana.

Plan tomorrow is to head to Berchesgarten and then see how it goes.

Neck is painful tonight and if I'm honest I'm still fatigued as opposed to tired, but thankfully I have medicine and eventually get my head down .....

I awake to thick fog so have leisurely breakfast and head off into it.

Clear of the lake and the vis becomes perfect. Tghis along with fab roads makes for a great day.

A quick time and motion study suggests that I wont make Fussen tonight so I enjoy the lakes area and hop into Austria for some passes and valleys.

The weather is great and its a brilliant day.

I book a b and b in a tiny village neat Mayrhoffen and have the most wonderful ride there.

These areas are fab....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast