Sending photos via emal( problem) !

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Normally, to do the above, I choose a photo (or more) to send to an email address by Right clicking on the photo (S) . . .then "Send to"....then "Mail recipient".. I will then get a little box pop up asking me to choose a size ("small" medium" or "large" for instance). When i have chosen the size required, I press on the "Attach" box and the email pops up and I simply add the email address required.

However from this evening (I reckon I pressed something I shouldnt have done on the key board), I can do all the above until Ive pressed the "Attach" box and I dont get any email to send. It simply never appears !! (The little box even says "Preparing to send" then dissapears) The email doesnt go into drafts/outbox or anywhere else I have looked
Any clues as to overcome this guys ?
Thank you in advance

Have you tried the obvious (full shut down & re-boot) to re-set the settings?

Alternatively, you could prepare your e-mail & then attach your photo to it.

Yes ive tried full shut down etc

Only problem with preparing email and then adding photos is that the files are pretty big (Actually VERY big) (I realise its probably easy to downsize pics etc but id rather keep it the way i normally use)

Mozilla thunderbird

If it's anything like my system, it's all about the 'size' of the photo.

My emailer simply won't even attempt to squeeze original pixel/data rich pics through the email gateway, but it's a simple enough job to copy the original within your album, gallery or whatever & reduce the size of the data packet that you are sending. If you, or your job requires the original images, then you need to upgrade the system accordingly. Doubtless others will chip in with suggestions.

Have you have lost your default mail programme link?
Win 10? Settings -> Default apps

Windows 7 home premium.

Its definitely a button ive caught on the keyboard that has altered something . . ! (Well, im 99% sure anyway)
Any more help at all folks ?

Windows 7 home premium. Its definitely a button ive caught on the keyboard that has altered something . . !

That's why I wonder if your default email has changed.
What do you open the photos with or do you just list them in explorer?

Back
Top Bottom