Modified end can... if you just want sound its the way to go.....

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So today I thought I'd modify my existing end can on the LC, to make it breath a bit better and also give it a better sound.
Linkt to the You Tube vid I did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKWEyUT_RY

Its in the garage so the original one sounds quite good, but its actualy made a big improvement in the sound that maybe does not come over from my phone recording... what do you think?

So today I thought I'd modify my existing end can on the LC, to make it breath a bit better and also give it a better sound.
Linkt to the You Tube vid I did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKWEyUT_RY

Its in the garage so the original one sounds quite good, but its actualy made a big improvement in the sound that maybe does not come over from my phone recording... what do you think?

So what exactly did you do to the can?

just been for a blast... sure it goes faster???.. but maybe not, but the sound is much better... went through the tunnel at the airport !! big grin.. :green gri but not that loud you'd get fed up of it... spot on.. just as they should sound... :)

Sorry, been painting my Sons room....

If you watch the video where the guy opens the silencer up on you-tube, he removes the dished end on the perforated tube and makes it adjustable... but I didn't want to open mine up and re-weld, and don't see any point of it being adjustable.

When you take the silencer off, you can look down it and you can see the inside of the dished end... so if you can see it, you can get to it.... The tube ID is 60mm, so I made a special hole cutter 59mm dia and went in and cut off the dish, then with a bit of wire I pulled the dish out.

Simples, all done and back on in 30 mins... from the outside you cant tell its been done... and it sounds very nice... One thing I may still do... the two tubes that go into the box from the back, stick into the silencer a fair way... I'm going to get a small cutting disc and from inside the tubes, trim them off level with the back of the rear plate.. this will give a better flow out for the exhaust gas...

Sorry for the poor sound on the video.. didn't realise but the microphone actualy turns its self down on the second run as its obviously too loud for it to handle ..

Orders being taken / tool for hire ;) (Except Cooky :yelrotflm ;) )

Lets hope you don't get stopped by an over-officious police officer who wants you to re-baffle it then :)

Lets hope you don't get stopped by an over-officious police officer who wants you to re-baffle it then :)

As you'll see on the vid... I have two cans ;) but, how would they know?

Will put a you-tube on Sunday on how to do it if I get time...

As you'll see on the vid... I have two cans ;) but, how would they know?

Will put a you-tube on Sunday on how to do it if I get time...
I like your style id be intrested in watchin this if you get chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like your style id be intrested in watchin this if you get chance

I would also like to see how you did it.

On previous bikes, Honda Hornet 600 and Harley Sportster I have modified exhaust by piercing baffle with large metal spike, this certainly improved exhaust note without having to spend £100's on aftermarket silencer.

Good video mate i see what your saying now about the two tail pipes extending into the box an cutting em off time to start see what size hole saws iv got i think

How did your modification affect the back pressure and what sort of results did you get on your internal temperature checks to give you confidence not burning the contents of the box?

How did your modification affect the back pressure and what sort of results did you get on your internal temperature checks to give you confidence not burning the contents of the box?
Tell me your jokin🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tell me your jokin🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well yeah, or at least pulling your leg. Those things aren't unreal though and I've fitted a supposedly fully evaluated aftermarket exhaust from a reputable supplier in the past with pretty p#ss poor results in the performance department. Sounded great mind you! :D

Have you seen how some of the other aftermarket silencers work? they have no baffles at all. just a straight through pipe with noise reduction material around the outside of a perferated tube. In conparison to those, the back pressure in mine will be greater for sure (but less than std). What back pressure from the silencer do you thinks required? and why??

Buring the contents of the box?... you've got me on that one... no idea what you mean.... if the gasses flow through the box quicker and go in a much straighter path, the time to exchange heat from the exhaust gas will be less, so in theory it will run cooler?.. but still no idea what your on about.

Lets not forget... the cat is still in place (unlike some).. and the flappy valve (unlike some)... are you trying to make out I'll damage something doing this?? :rolleyes:

Well yeah, or at least pulling your leg. Those things aren't unreal though and I've fitted a supposedly fully evaluated aftermarket exhaust from a reputable supplier in the past with pretty p#ss poor results in the performance department. Sounded great mind you! :D
I know these things have to be considered, but removing a restriction so close to the exit(for want of a better word), it would certainly run cooler than before, if only by a small bit, anything else would just be just a noise benefit, the biggest benefit you can give a gs is to remove the cat, regardless of what end can your running.

Back
Top Bottom