How to update dealers list

BigAlEly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to update the list of BMW dealers in a Nav Vl? Mine hasn't got Reiten Motorrad in it, but my mates has....

Yes, I know I can use a map, but I would just like to be able to do it:beerjug:

Al

Latest software update??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Err, connect to the tinternet and press update?
I shall have a look on mine tomorrow for Reiten if my tiny little brain can remember this for twelve hours........

Latest software update??

Err, connect to the tinternet and press update?
I shall have a look on mine tomorrow for Reiten if my tiny little brain can remember this for twelve hours........

Unfortunately not... just updated the latest software etc. Maps all good, everything else good, but no Reiten BMW in the List of dealers when selected... this also affected me in Italy last year, when dealer had relocated, and I had updated before heading off. No biggie, just curious.:thumby:

Unfortunately not... just updated the latest software etc. Maps all good, everything else good, but no Reiten BMW in the List of dealers when selected... this also affected me in Italy last year, when dealer had relocated, and I had updated before heading off. No biggie, just curious.:thumby:

Sorry Al I couldn’t be more helpful, perhaps adding one manually if there is an option for that.

The updates to the dealership list (which was never particularly good, nor accurate) was always something separate to any updates from Garmin. In the early days there was an entirely separate website for BMW branded devices.

Until BMW troubles themselves enough to submit an updated list to Garmin, you are stuck with what you’ve got. Add the dealerships manually, if you really need to know where they are in (or nearest to) Marseille or Bari.

Sorry Al I couldn’t be more helpful, perhaps adding one manually if there is an option for that.

The updates to the dealership list (which was never particularly good, nor accurate) was always something separate to any updates from Garmin. In the early days there was an entirely separate website for BMW branded devices.

Until BMW troubles themselves enough to submit an updated list to Garmin, you are stuck with what you’ve got. Add the dealerships manually, if you really need to know where they are in (or nearest to) Marseille or Bari.

Yep, I guess that's that.... no big issue, just thought I would do it if I could. As said, I know where I am heading in Austria, so will google the dealers and on the route and pop them in as favourites.

Thanks for responding fellas. :thumby::beerjug:

Thanks for that - very helpful. The dealer list for the Nav VI is more up-to-date (Version I) than that for the Nav V (Version H). I have just updated my Nav V with the later dealer list.

Hope this helps someone...

John

Hi Jon,
Can I ask how you updated this... not too savvy, so a step by step guide would be very welcome:beerjug:

Hi Jon,
Can I ask how you updated this... not too savvy, so a step by step guide would be very welcome:beerjug:

If you download the update file to your pc or whatever your using, there is a txt file there as well, which explains exactly what to do and where to put the files.

If you download the update file to your pc or whatever your using, there is a txt file there as well, which explains exactly what to do and where to put the files.

Cheers, I will give it a try....:D

I get as far as copying the the D0743030I file from the download page, but when I go to paste into my POI file, the paste option is greyed out.?? So I can't paste it in to the POI file in the Nav.

Any ideas?

I get as far as copying the the D0743030I file from the download page, but when I go to paste into my POI file, the paste option is greyed out.?? So I can't paste it in to the POI file in the Nav.

Any ideas?

That looks like you haven't copied anything. I use a Mac, but I put the file onto my desktop, then dragged it into the POI folder after I deleted the old file.

Thanks to John, who talked me through this on the phone.... what a gent.

Both John and Casbar who both nailed it. You need to copy the file to a personal file, or in my case, the desktop, and then copy it from there into the nav file.... bingo! Job done. Dealers list updated to version I which in my case replaced version G.

I can now call up Reiten Motoraad.

Hope this helps anyone else who wants to update their list:D

Cheers fellas.

BigAl

Thanks to John, who talked me through this on the phone.... what a gent.

Both John and Casbar who both nailed it. You need to copy the file to a personal file, or in my case, the desktop, and then copy it from there into the nav file.... bingo! Job done. Dealers list updated to version I which in my case replaced version G.

I can now call up Reiten Motoraad.

Hope this helps anyone else who wants to update their list:D

Cheers fellas.

BigAl

Great your sorted

I have used this as well to update my Nav 5 as it had not been done for a while, thanks for the reminder of how to do it:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom