The Faroe Islands

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I think they are next on my list to visit so has anyone on here been there? :nenau
I’m thinking that flying over and hiring a car is the way to go as opposed to the ferry. Anything interesting to see? :nenau
Plenty of b&b’s or hotels?

King Rat has I think
Fritz, went with SIM
Timolgra most probably
Plus a few others

I went about 10 years ago, fairly windswept and barren. The main town is small with enough bars and places to eat and worth wandering round. I walked a lot, the tourist office gave me a map of paths as far as I remember and it was easy to get into the empty bits. Worth a visit but you are unlikely to keep rushing back without a good reason. If you like eating puffin, whale, seal etc then it is the place to go.

I visited there on a cruise ship a couple of years ago, it was wet/windswept and very barren. There is no way I'd single it out as any kind of destination and would only say it's a novel stop point as we did. But if your into this kind of thing and want seclusion and fresh air, then it could be right up your street. I can't see there being enough roads to take a bike, it's a very small place with limited travel on each island and quite frankly no where to go.

I visited there on a cruise ship a couple of years ago, it was wet/windswept and very barren. There is no way I'd single it out as any kind of destination and would only say it's a novel stop point as we did. But if your into this kind of thing and want seclusion and fresh air, then it could be right up your street. I can't see there being enough roads to take a bike, it's a very small place with limited travel on each island and quite frankly no where to go.

Sounds ideal so far!

I was there about 25 years ago, we were in port for a couple of nights, refitting for a survey job at sea. Drove across the islands, it's pretty barren and bleak but there's a windswept beauty about the place. Not much to do but it's a nice tick to have on the countries list as not many have been there. The main town was friendly and the craic in the bar was good fun.

Back
Top Bottom