Basecamp & postcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I updated my OS a few weeks ago -

Basically Basecamp worked, but Garmin Express refused to work without some obscure OS files, which required a reinstall of the OS.

I took the option to upgrade to Win 10, Now Garmin express works, but basecamp is borked.

It no longer sees or recognises postcodes when i try to plan a trip, it gets to start and end destination and just falls over

Dont get me wrong, it was never the most svelte of operations -

you had to put one letter of the postcode in one letter at a time and wait till it found that letter before moving to the next

Painfully slow, but at least it worked.

Now it does nothing - doing a search online didnt give much other than to use the route function .

Now that is a joke, click each stage of the route you want ??

2 problems there ..

1) I dont know the feckin route i want :blast

2) Its 300 odd miles, i'm not clicking two points in 14" sections at a time to identify a possible route ffs!

All i need is the fastest route point A - Point B, so i can plan some fuel / rest stops on the way.

Are there any other mapping tools that will suffice and allow me to import the route to my Nav IV ?

All i need is the fastest route point A - Point B, so i can plan some fuel / rest stops on the way.

Are there any other mapping tools that will suffice and allow me to import the route to my Nav IV ?

A. With or without the ability to search via postcodes?

B. As you seem to know start point A and finish point B, why not just ask BaseCamp to take you from A to B?

Look at all the many threads and posts where bods use lots of different software (outside of BaseCamp and Mapsource) to create routes. Chose the one you like the most.

Failing any of that, why not just ask Google maps to tell you the fastest route from A and then 300 miles to B; you’ll then be able to work out your rest stops. Why not go for 100 miles and then another 100 miles; or even just one stop at 150 miles? It can’t be that difficult, even if you used a paper map.

I think it’s possible you don’t have any maps in BaseCamp. BaseCamp on its own doesn’t do anything, it needs to have the maps installed. You mentioned Garmin express is working, so reconnect your sat nav to the pc, open Garmin express, then download the maps making sure you check the option to download to PC not just the device

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it’s possible you don’t have any maps in BaseCamp. BaseCamp on its own doesn’t do anything, it needs to have the maps installed. You mentioned Garmin express is working, so reconnect your sat nav to the pc, open Garmin express, then download the maps making sure you check the option to download to PC not just the device

Sorted :)

Cheers, It was and out of date version of GE - which was odd, as it was installed with the latest BC download..

Many thanks

My pleasure, the option to install to pc isn’t always obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom