Baltic Advice and Feedback

Plymadv

Reaction score
I’m due to head off to the Baltic’s in a few weeks with a mate. Current plan is to get off the ferry at the Hook of Holland and ride all the way up to Tallin in Estonia. The return leg will involve some TET and general sightseeing.

I am a few reservations about the route being a little dull without any great riding roads. This isn’t backed up by any facts apart from looking at google images and maps.

If you have been through the Baltic’s please let me know how you found it and if you would go back.

Last years trip was a run down to Bosnia and back with a mix of on and off road.

Fire it at me lads!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baltic

The three main countries capitals are Tallin - nice enough (very touristic), Vilnus - interesting, worth a visit, and Riga - excellent in every way. if you are looking for good motorcycling, go elsewhere. This area is flat and corners are infrequent. I travelled through this area of Europe heading south from a tour of Scandinavia. I am glad I didn't make it a destination in itself. Would I return? No, I would not.
Careful planning can take you through some nice scenery and roads in both Germany and Poland.

The three main countries capitals are Tallin - nice enough (very touristic), Vilnus - interesting, worth a visit, and Riga - excellent in every way. if you are looking for good motorcycling, go elsewhere. This area is flat and corners are infrequent. I travelled through this area of Europe heading south from a tour of Scandinavia. I am glad I didn't make it a destination in itself. Would I return? No, I would not.
Careful planning can take you through some nice scenery and roads in both Germany and Poland.

I’d agree with all of that .....he forgot to mention some of the stunners in Riga though if you go out on the town.:drool
We also dropped through that region on the way back from Norway . If you do go through Lithuania make sure you try to visit the Hill of Crosses . :thumb

It's going to be Baltic up here in sunny Fife tomorrow , no need to travel anywhere.

You’ll find plenty of gravel roads to ride on but you’ll need to use the random approach of see one and try it. My Garmin tried to route me along a few in Latvia which caused some consternation because I was on a KTM Superduke which isn’t ideal for those kind of roads but there’ll be plenty of choices if you’re happy to explore.

I went on a slightly more circular route of Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland then Estonia and arrived in Tallinn mid afternoon on the 3rd day after getting off at the Hook but if I repeated that route I’d add 2 extra days to see at least a little bit of Sweden.

What news and views OP? We’ve heard nothing from you since the thread was created more than a month ago,

Back
Top Bottom