Coding function of MotoScann App

Denz0

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For many years I was using Gs911 as my main tool but recently MotoScan for BMW bikes was introduced to me ...
Wohle setup costed me around £100
£55 for the OBD Link LX
£9 for OBD to 10Pin cable
£37 for the highest version of the app
NO VIN limitation and for the lifetime updates.
MotoScan doesn't have to have all of the 911 functions but ...
I quickly discovered coding abilities of the app gs911 didn't have any of that !
So sime time ago I bought the set of spokes with TPM installed At that time I was convinced that Gs911 will pair the sensors if I get the box that goes under the seat
And I wasn't wrong after installing the RDC box I was able to add the sensors but nothing was showing on the display!
Untill last week ...
This is where coding function turned that function on the instrument cluster ...
I'm very happy about that
Now I have the pressure and temperature of the wheels ...
And there is more to come
dbc0650a68d531f8ef68fb351654046f.jpg
8b024dd183100d8a61693fd2492713f5.jpg
e40cd11d08b3b0f1b0d3334e527067f9.jpg
aca8632562a344416c146fdd32e310e9.jpg
f9384996229a6fa05c349c7dce577fed.jpg
8d646b4793530d3e6f3b6ce891a20d85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this, I wasnt aware there was a GS911 (almost) equivalent (or that you could see wheel temps from the wheel sensors).
Will be investing in this setup.

Does it have any other coding options? Been looking to see if indicators can be taken to 3 flashes rather than 10 when riding.

Does it have any other coding options? Been looking to see if indicators can be taken to 3 flashes rather than 10 when riding.
Hi not sure for every model there are different options there is a lot of stuf I don't understand as they using some sotr of code so it doesn't give you direct indication wtah it's for some them are obvious.When I have more time I will take a look
I would like to do more coding but i think for more advanced options I need ICom and Isata P but that is just too expensive.
I also bougt the tool for tuning ECU's like fuel remap, exhaust flap off,ignition timing or cloning ECU but that is completely different thred

i did some coding on my F32 a while back adding some functions so logically it should be similar with any modern BMW. i would very interested to know if its possible with this setup to add "hill assist" to my 2015 LC for example (real oem suggest that it is possible to add...for a 250eur!)

Why not contact the developers of Motoscan and ask them the question directly?

They have probably already reverse-engineered the bikes software and learnt the codes available.

lots of coding available

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.wgsoft.motoscan&hl=en

its been a while last updates brought

What's New

ZFE BASIC and LOW: Calibrate the film sensor of the tank contents sensor
ZFE BASIC: Codes coded for coding index 07
ZFE HIGH: calibrate ESA front and back
ABS2 K15: Venting, actuator control, freeze frames and real-time data
Integral ABS2 K25: venting, actuator control and real-time data
BMSK: Block the idle actuators for the synchronization of cables
Favorite assignment corrected

GS 911 is just reverse engineered BM software... the south African guys pay the Chinese to hack it... and the price is a joke when you can get all the BM stuff for nothing.

I have this tool and works great! Only down side is some of the messages seem like poorly translated and sometimes not 100% clear but then again, don't know what the results would be with the 911. It has helped me a lot :)

Looks excellent this. I am using the Car Scanner app plus an ELM 327 at the moment with the converter cable on my Royal Enfield Himalayan
to read codes and whatever else it's capable of; it seems to work fine so i have just ordered a cable to connect the GS up and see how that goes.
I do have a GS911 BT version but it would be nice to flog that if i can get something else to take it's place relatively cheaply.

Looks excellent this. I am using the Car Scanner app plus an ELM 327 at the moment with the converter cable on my Royal Enfield Himalayan
to read codes and whatever else it's capable of; it seems to work fine so i have just ordered a cable to connect the GS up and see how that goes.
I do have a GS911 BT version but it would be nice to flog that if i can get something else to take it's place relatively cheaply.

Tony. i told ya !

nasty elm adaptor will fail to code - the reco one can be had for 60 quid

https://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/unicarscan-bluetooth-obd-adapter-for-ios-android-and-windows.html

supports the sending of long messages over CAN bus via K-Line. This adaptor completely copies the segmentation of the CAN messages during transmission, removing any timing problems when sending long messages for coding or other special functions. By default the ELM327 and compatible adapters can only send 8 bytes. UniCarScan, however, has the full length of 255 bytes.

Great news for strip fuel sensor owners !

I was doing ESA repair on my friend bike but the ZFE was faulty...
He bought the secondhand unit to much his bike but instead he received 2010 ZFE
Next thing I've noticed esa was working fine but there was no reading from fuel.
I head spare float type sensor so I fought just plug and play will solve two problems
ESA and fuel strip problem forever !
But it didn't work first ...
FLOAT SENSOR IS USING DIFFERENT PIN CONFIGURATION SO I'VE MANAGE TO SWOP THE PINS AND BOOM!!! EVERYTHING WORKS JUST FINE.
THEN I FOUND IN THE APP
SENSOR TYPE (STRIP OR FLOAT)

Quickly swooped ZFE to the oryginal simple coddling and float type sensor working fine !!!
If there is anyone who needs help with this let me know !
Float type sensor cost about £40-60 second hand so it's well worth doing.
3f419fefbf5d1699897d6463c3c1af8c.jpg
50538ecc5f7f582faec88fe44aa00eb2.jpg
3799a2ab1d417d0941a7181c9fb58e9e.jpg
09856284570fa6a86b1238c0f57bb8b4.jpg
545ccb702c75eeafd91c64dbcce1bd15.jpg
8c5dada0b4f895ef379b6aba79e26e39.jpg

if you swap out the ZFE does the bike start?

I thought chassis number and immobiliser settings needed coding in (which motoscan doesn't do)

nasty elm adaptor will fail to code - the reco one can be had for 60 quid

https://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/unicarscan-bluetooth-obd-adapter-for-ios-android-and-windows.html

supports the sending of long messages over CAN bus via K-Line. This adaptor completely copies the segmentation of the CAN messages during transmission, removing any timing problems when sending long messages for coding or other special functions. By default the ELM327 and compatible adapters can only send 8 bytes. UniCarScan, however, has the full length of 255 bytes.

Thank's for the info. I have looked at that and may get one but at the moment i am using the cheapo ELM box
on my Himalayan and it's working fine, in fact straight it away threw up a stored fault code to do with the fuel
pump controller which i cleared, so it's doing a job for me for little outlay. I have a GS911 for the GS but i still
may get the better OBD kit. I have just received the lead i need to plug the ELM327 into the GS but i am unable
to get it to enter the OBD socket so have messaged the ebay seller about it.

if you swap out the ZFE does the bike start?

I thought chassis number and immobiliser settings needed coding in (which motoscan doesn't do)
YES THE BIKE PERFORMS NORMALLY HOWEVER VINNO IS DIFFERENT ON THE ZFE IMOBILSER IS STORRED IN BSMK NOT IN ZFE I KNOW THAT AS I JUST BOUGHT THE STUFF TO FLUSH THE EPROM BASICALLY TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE LOTS OF FINGS MY SELF LIKE CHIP TUNING(COPPY READY MADE FUEL MAPS) IMMO OFF GREAT FOR OFFROAD USE OR TURN LAMBDA OFF AND REMOVE THE EXHAUST FLAP FROM THE SYSTEM JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PLAY WIT THIS BUT LOOTS OF GOOD STUFF IS COMMING

sure a 10 quid elm has some uses, it will read faults and clear most stuff... But changing info / settings in a module (coding) needs fault free messages or nothing happens.

PROGRAMMING ZFE TO READ FLOAT TYPE FUEL SENSOR.
ANOTHER GREAT FUNCTION OF THE APP !
I have covered how to guide in the other post but this should be listed here as well.

ec1f4e65bb677b268dc92c91242d274e.jpg
1e2af5c79526080badc528ff8a65399f.jpg
ea85fcdd0716ed87aafe750c846c5406.jpg
6126c12e9f156295dcafa63e2d8ccd58.jpg
fcb9468dd9c15b4d3964007c644eb1ea.jpg
57abc2fdccee4ef916e57d8a11ab9553.jpg
8954955a7535ab3ad00244014bd7ac34.jpg

Is there any coding for the exhaust valve?
Also is there any catalogue or list that says what every option do to the bike..most of the options cant understand what they are doing..

Στάλθηκε από το JSN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom