AJ’s

Big Nick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Paid a visit there the other day, my first for several years.

Despite the showroom being empty, nobody seemed the slightest bit interested in asking me if they could help with anything.

The salesmen Steve and Richard are still there (I bought my first GS from Steve there just over 10 years ago) but nobody even looked up from their phones.

It sort of occurred to me that with GS’s being as popular as they are, selling from a BMW dealership like that is probably one of the easiest jobs going for a bike salesman.
There was a couple of dozen new bikes waiting for collection scattered around the showroom reinforcing that.

Maybe as they’ve got so much bigger they have lost that personal touch which made me buy a bike from them a decade ago.

Anyway I think I’ll vote with my feet (or my bike) and go elsewhere

Completely different story for me. I got approached within a few minutes after I'd had a mooch round, offered a coffee, asked what I was interested in and if I wanted to talk about numbers. The numbers didn't quite work out so some work went in on their side to make them work and I came away with the GSA I wanted at the price I wanted.

Paid a visit there the other day, my first for several years.

Despite the showroom being empty, nobody seemed the slightest bit interested in asking me if they could help with anything.

The salesmen Steve and Richard are still there (I bought my first GS from Steve there just over 10 years ago) but nobody even looked up from their phones.

It sort of occurred to me that with GS’s being as popular as they are, selling from a BMW dealership like that is probably one of the easiest jobs going for a bike salesman.
There was a couple of dozen new bikes waiting for collection scattered around the showroom reinforcing that.

Maybe as they’ve got so much bigger they have lost that personal touch which made me buy a bike from them a decade ago.

Anyway I think I’ll vote with my feet (or my bike) and go elsewhere

The sales guy at Marshalls seems okay, if you are going to vote with your feet/bike/wallet.

Never had a problem with them, they are a friendly family run dealership and have always 'bent over backwards' to help, personally I would rather have a salesman stay in the background until I need them as AJs do. If Fiona is on the front desk when you go in, you'll be offered a coffee with a smile, unless obviously she is on the phone.
I've had nothing but great service from them as buying 6 bikes from them will testify.
Be a shame to stop dealing with them over what could and probably was jus a mistake on maybe both parties :beerjug:

Once possibly twice now I’ve wanted to sell a newish bike back to them n they’ve ignored me. They were quick to take 17 grand so doubt I will be back, a bit of politeness wouldn’t have gone amiss even if they didn’t want it.

Got a bit too comfy n secure to be that arsed imo but I admit Fiona is really pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom