R1200 Screen

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their screen ? I'm quite tall and wondering about changing the screen for touring type or perhaps the MRA Vario type ?

Has anyone changed their screen ? I'm quite tall and wondering about changing the screen for touring type or perhaps the MRA Vario type ?

You've stepped into a potential minefield now fella.
Yes I've got a vario screen and it works for me,the standard screen gave me buffeting around my helmet and the new screen cured this. I do have a problem in the rain though, it works so well that any water that gets on my visor won't clear,I have to poke my head out into the wind to clear it. I'm 5'10 .

I bought the x-screen attachment so I could move the spoiler between bikes and keep the stock screens. It works well to reduce buffeting and imho looks better overall than the Vario screen.

I used a very nice Powerbronze (PB) screen and it seemed ok.

With either the OEM or PB screen in the higher setting I found the wind roar to be unacceptable. Very, very loud compared with the lower position.

Then I saw the light by cutting a few inches off my old OEM screen. I love it. Noise is dramatically reduced. The fresh air holds my body weight at M-way speeds so there’s no weight on my wrists.

I have the MRA Multi-X-Creen which I find is better than the oem screen, gives you many choices re angle and height. cheapest I found it was at HPS

Happy with it,

Graham

I tried a couple and found the Puig screen worked best as a compromise for less noise/buffeting on long trips but not too big. I've got a Powerbronze screen I don't use if you are interested in a second hand screen..?

Fitted the Vario Touring Screen, made a big difference to me, less wind and buffeting now.

Back
Top Bottom