Proper newbie question... Can I get an adapter to fit the factory cradle?

Stickystuff

Reaction score
Hi guys. First post, and a very recent GS1250 owner.
I'm perfectly happy with my current route planning software and nav setup, using an iPhone, so please, no suggestions as to any alternatives for that.
What I am after is a mount to fit the factory BMW cradle that will fit an iPhone and allow it to charge at the same time.

Does such a thing exist?

Any reviews from users?

TIA

I’m guessing ‘no’
However there are some very clever bods on here who are into 3D printing-that ma6 be a solution in the waiting.
Waterproofing the phone would be the hurdle to overcome, unless you have one of the later models
Enjoy the bike

Hi guys. First post, and a very recent GS1250 owner.
I'm perfectly happy with my current route planning software and nav setup, using an iPhone, so please, no suggestions as to any alternatives for that.
What I am after is a mount to fit the factory BMW cradle that will fit an iPhone and allow it to charge at the same time.

Does such a thing exist?

Any reviews from users?

TIA

I can’t post photos but if you send me your email I’ll send you a picture if what I use on my rt. JJH

there is something on the market that attaches to the BMW mount to take a phone saw it the other day ...cant recall where , It would not let you use the wonder wheel though . Lots of peeps using a Quadlock mount for phone and plug into a USB adaptor which is attached to the Aux Socket near the front brake lever .

Your biggest mistake was spending 18k on a 1250 and NOT negotiating a Nav6 in the deal .:rolleyes:

WunderLINQ?

Not cheap though and would need a RAM or similar mount to mount your iPhone to it (or use a separate handlebar mount) . I've got one of the initial production ones from the Kickstarter campaign and can confirm it works fine - I use it with an old Givi mount. It gives some control of the phone by using the Wonderwheel to emulate keyboard input altho' one thing to be aware of is that some mapping s/w isn't aware of keyboard input so won't accept input once started (Copilot under Android is one). On Android it currently supports Google Maps, Locus, Waze and Maps.me. May also support Here maps as well. No idea what it supports under IOS however there is a WunderLINQ Google Group where you could ask more Qs if interested. Also allows you to view the data that the Nav units have access to. It's still under development and new versions of the s/w are being released weekly.

Something like this maybe..........

Attachments

• 219C9414-2563-4157-A6DA-580FBFCDFF17.jpg
    219C9414-2563-4157-A6DA-580FBFCDFF17.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 206
there is something on the market that attaches to the BMW mount to take a phone saw it the other day ...cant recall where , It would not let you use the wonder wheel though . Lots of peeps using a Quadlock mount for phone and plug into a USB adaptor which is attached to the Aux Socket near the front brake lever .

Your biggest mistake was spending 18k on a 1250 and NOT negotiating a Nav6 in the deal .:rolleyes:

Possibly, but previous experience with a friends Nav system suggests otherwise. I hated it!

Each to their own, but I prefer to stick with a tried and tested system that allows me to share routes directly and immediately with everyone else in the group, and costs peanuts.

Besides, the generous cash discount and other freebies were good enough for me ;-)

I ordered one of those things from AliExpress... it should be here soon, then I can provide a bit of feedback :)

Me too.
I'm pleased to be able to report that it works perfectly with my iPhone 7. Great bit of kit at the price.

Back
Top Bottom