Moderators please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t going to comment any more.
However. This is my message that I originally sent.
It’s not rude!

Ali
As you are aware, i have now had the Trophy for about a day.

I am honestly stunned by the damage on the bike that was not disclosed by yourself. I paid top money for this bike expecting to receive a nice bike. Appreciate it’s not new. But really! You honestly don’t expect me to take this on the chin.

Some of the faults are listed below.

Tank has three dents and lots of scratches.

Left side of the fairing is appalling. Covered in scratches that have been badly touched up.

Right hand fairing has been resprayed badly as have several large runs.

Both Panniers heavily scratched on the paint and the black plastic below.

Front mudguard scratches.

Clutch and brake lever both bent and chrome heavily pitted.

There are other issues, but that’s nitpicking.

I have given the paint a bit of a tcut. But it’s beyond that.
It will need most of it resprayed to look anything like it should.

I think the best option is for you to have the bike back and refund me.

As it was advertised on the forum, I feel I should contact Paul BHT. But will hold off from telling anyone for now.

Nick

I’ve not met Nick but I’ve met Al and he’s a lovely guy .
But to add balance , the CB1300 I bought off him last year wasn’t quite as described-there was no mention of the fucked ignition barrel that I only discovered on the way home and subsequently had to replace !
I never raised this with Al and not expecting any sympathy but thought I’d mention it here as I think it’s relevant.

Just out of interest how many days was it between the bike leaving Alistairs and arriving at Nicks?

Is there also a record of the mileage when it left and arrived?

Just wondering whether someone took it for a ride and trashed it while it was in transit?

I’ve not met Nick but I’ve met Al and he’s a lovely guy .
But to add balance , the CB1300 I bought off him last year wasn’t quite as described-there was no mention of the fucked ignition barrel that I only discovered on the way home and subsequently had to replace !
I never raised this with Al and not expecting any sympathy but thought I’d mention it here as I think it’s relevant.

Well that throws a new light on the situation

What everyone seems to have missed, and it's a very important point, why drag the North East into this? get this in the Yorkshire section :blagblah

Because whatever happened in Arsey's case, it is a different situation entirely.
I accept Arsey's account wholeheartedly, but this other one is still completely bizarre and needs to be resolved by those with the opportunity to check the full photos (David I think was sent them?).

Even though Arsey got a bit of a botch job, doesn't mean this other chap did...or didnt. It needs to be seen on its merits.

Because whatever happened in Arsey's case, it is a different situation entirely.
I accept Arsey's account wholeheartedly, but this other one is still completely bizarre and needs to be resolved by those with the opportunity to check the full photos (David I think was sent them?).

Even though Arsey got a bit of a botch job, doesn't mean this other chap did...or didnt. It needs to be seen on its merits.

But Arsey bike was also described as perfect, by the same seller, and turned out not to be. Coincidence?

I should have got hold of Al after I got the bike and ask about the ignition-it would take about 3 attempts to get the barrel to turn on and then sometimes 5 attempts to remove the key later,but I didn’t want to bother him as he had told me how his health wasn’t the same after his illness.
Did think it odd as how could you sell a bike with such an issue.
But then again , the ignition fault may have only developed on the ride down from N Yorks,the same as Nick’s Triumph may have developed gravel rash in the same way. You just never know !

Yet how many people on numerous occasions have said words to the effect that if it’s one of Al’s bikes you know it’s a good un? :nenau

Why has this become a forum thread and not a PM to a/some Moderators?
It 'feels' to me like a point scoring thread which should be fairly straightforward to resolve without any need for lots of members backing one side or another.
Arseys issue is only related if we are looking at a series of dodgy sales by the OP and I don't think that's the case, is it ?

I should have got hold of Al after I got the bike and ask about the ignition-it would take about 3 attempts to get the barrel to turn on and then sometimes 5 attempts to remove the key later

Didn't that problem show up when you first picked the bike up-when you first started it ?

Serious question, I'm not having a pop....:)

Why has this become a forum thread and not a PM to a/some Moderators?
It 'feels' to me like a point scoring thread which should be fairly straightforward to resolve without any need for lots of members backing one side or another.
Arseys issue is only related if we are looking at a series of dodgy sales by the OP and I don't think that's the case, is it ?

It's a distraction from Brexit
It's our very own 'reality' watching
We love a bit of Schadenfreude

….and it contains a classic that will be remembered for years to come

Dr Wreford Miles :D

But then again , the ignition fault may have only developed on the ride down from N Yorks,the same as Nick’s Triumph may have developed gravel rash in the same way. You just never know !

Could have been dropped on this very drive ! You can just see scratched mirror and clutch lever is bent.

9baf302483697cc347d4c377ebbf281b.jpg

I bought a bike from Spain, unseen.

It definitely wasn't as described, even the con rod was bent :eek:

I'm not sure what relevance this has to the thread but hey, knock yourselves out.

Any more, for any more :)

Andres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom