Moderators please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutcliffe995

Reaction score
My name is Dr Alistair Sutcliffe, and I have been an avid member for nearly 10 years, contributing to many forums along the way.
I am deeply, deeply upset by a recent happening. I recently sold a motorcycle to Nick Marshall from our site. A week after he bought it, before which I had sent him over 20 detailed pictures and 2 detailed phonecalls, he informed me that he wanted to sell the bike as he had decided he just didn't want it. He asked me to store it in my garage until he had sold it, which I happily did. I even found a buyer for him, albeit it a little cheaper, just in case.
After me storing it for 10 weeks, in my heated garage, he finally received it, and, after 24 hours or so, sent me a really rude pm about faults with it, some of which were clearly made up. It was a fabulous 10,000 mile 19 yo Triumph Trophy. He paid 2500, which was way cheaper than any other similar ones for sale. With a new name on the log book and more miles, out of goodness, I offered £2000 back for it, though I did not want it. He then proceded to advertise it on here, bad- mouthing me at every opportunity- very unfair. Anyhow, he has now discussed it with his friend, PaulG, and I have been banned from the For Sale site! This is grossly unfair. As many users know, any small monies I make on a restoration is given to my local hospice. I do it to keep myself active and help charities. Many folk have bought from me before, and all have been delighted. PaulG does not accept PM's- he just nessaged me today to inform me I was banned. I cannot belive it, and am deeply hurt. I have had numerous messages from other forum users also discusted by Nick and PaulG's "ganging up" on a well- liked, respected, and long-time forum contributor like myself. The numbers in protest are swiftly gathering for PailG's poor actions, and I would ask you to look at this urgently for me. It most certainly is not in our forum's best image for these 2 to behave such as this. I did everything in my power to help, and this is the Very First time in 10 years anyone has ever taken issue with something that I have sold.
Please help,
Dr Alistair Sutcliffe.

Alistair, for what it's worth, I think Mr Marshall was out of order in making the various accusatory posts in his For Sale thread.

I have not bought anything from you, though I do own a bike previously sold by you to another forum member. It is in lovely condition and as described as you in your original for sale post.

I can't understand why you have been banned from the FS&W section and I am upset that you have been.

You have my support, though I'm not sure it's worth very much :mad:

Having looked at both ads

Alistair was the bike in the condition Nick has described it as in his Ad ?

If it was then I have little sympaty for you as it was very over described

If it was not in the condition Nick says then there is something very wrong

This issue appears to be about whether the Ad for the Trophy misrepresented the condition of the bike.
Did the original Ad. (in text or photos) make mention of all the scratches etc etc..?
You described it as in 'extremely good condition'... no mention of the 'drop damage' at all.
Perhaps mentioning the fact that it had many scratches, as per contact with the road, would have helped!
Full disclosure is usually the best policy...

PS - the whole 'Charity' thing, as well as the 'GP' thing, are totally irrelevant here.

I think Mr Marshall was out of order in making the various accusatory posts in his For Sale thread.

I agree, and latterly closing the thread each time preventing any response.

His behavior throughout this drawn out purchase a has been very poor.

What is odd is he regularly buys brand new bikes and then sells them soon afterwards, presumably losing a lot of money each time (nothing wrong with that if that's your thing.) and yet he is currently creating a stink over a few hundred quid and dragging someone else's name though the mud in the process.

If you are going to buy an old bike for £2500 without viewing it first then you shouldn't expect it to be mint when it arrives. For me that bike was in good condition for the age and worth the price paid.

What a mess this is. I have looked through all the sale threads on this bike and Alistair's original pictures from the dealer and his own pictures inside and outside his garage show no sign of damage to the fairing or boxes etc. So; if the bike left Alistair in fine fettle and arrived badly scratched after being picked up and transported by a 3rd party - isn't the conclusion obvious?? Nick should be seeking reasons for damage by the transport agent and not Alistair surely? Am I missing something here :blast

My take on this is that Nick was provided with 20 detailed pictures before he bought the bike. So the question is do these pictures accurately reflect the condition of the bike?

I would suggest sending these to a moderator such as David and let them decide whether you have been hard done by with being banned from the FS&W section.

I would suggest sending these to a moderator such as David and let them decide whether you have been hard done by with being banned from the FS&W section.

I've asked Alistair for those same photos to be emailed to me...

Thinking of selling a couple of camera lenses in the next few days...maybe ebay is the best option now.

Poor show somewhere and bit drastic to ban from the sale forum for just one issue that sounds like a phone call from a grown up could sort in minutes.

Both yourself and Nick are well respected on this forum however If Nick has described the bike correctly and the pictures are per how the bike was received by him then I feel your original for sale listing is mis leading, it's certainly not fabulous and if that's the case offering to return his money less £500 is a blow below the belt.

It's a real shame, your both 2 upstanding members on this forum.

Was the bike damaged in transit?
Is the first question I’d ask.

This issue appears to be about whether the Ad for the Trophy misrepresented the condition of the bike.
Did the original Ad. (in text or photos) make mention of all the scratches etc etc..?
You described it as in 'extremely good condition'... no mention of the 'drop damage' at all.
Perhaps mentioning the fact that it had many scratches, as per contact with the road, would have helped!
Full disclosure is usually the best policy...

PS - the whole 'Charity' thing, as well as the 'GP' thing, are totally irrelevant here.

Exactly

Paul G is well within his rights to ban/restrict/remove any member from here - he's da Boss and having met him he's very fair, upright and doesn't do anything like this lightly

Both yourself and Nick are well respected on this forum however If Nick has described the bike correctly and the pictures are per how the bike was received by him then I feel your original for sale listing is mis leading, it's certainly not fabulous and if that's the case offering to return his money less £500 is a blow below the belt.

It's a real shame, your both 2 upstanding members on this forum.

Hear, Hear

Something certainly doesn’t add up here. Did the transport company damage the bike?

In my experience PaulG does take pms and responds to them. Nobody is doing themselves any favors here. I can’t understand how what’s happened has reduced the worth by £500. JJH

I have sent all the detailed pictures as requested to David, and also PaulG now that he has finally contacted me, other than the curt message this morning telling me that I was banned. I simply want to know, if it was as bad as Nick says when he had it delivered, he would have quickly realised that it was not in that condition when it left mine- he had had over 20 detailed large pictures from every angle. Also, why leave it over 24 hours before contacting me via a rude email, upsetting both myself and my family. I had even offered to buy it back again this morning, without response. I remain deeply upset by this whole thing, and am unlikely to continue with this hobby, not if it causes this. I have only ever done my very best when selling a bike, and have never let anyone buy one just from the forum pictures. I aways send a file with loads of pics in, as I did with Nick. I just find it difficult to post lots of pictures on the forum. Thank you to all of the very supportive pms that I have received today. If there was anymore that I could have done, believe me, I would have done it, within fairness.
Alistair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom