Moderators please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bike from Spain, unseen.

It definitely wasn't as described, even the con rod was bent :eek:

I'm not sure what relevance this has to the thread but hey, knock yourselves out.

Any more, for any more :)

Andres

I bought a bike from Scotland once.
Unseen.
From a fireman.
It was exactly as described.
I don't know if coming from Scotland made it better, or that the current owner was a fireman.

I know totally irrelevant.
Sorry.

I do hope this gets sorted and I hope it's a genuine misunderstanding although somehow I rather doubt it.

Could have been dropped on this very drive ! You can just see scratched mirror and clutch lever is bent.

9baf302483697cc347d4c377ebbf281b.jpg

Aha, Closeau may well be right

I bet it had slipped off that bit of wood.............before that pic was taken:D

Aha, Closeau may well be right

I bet it had slipped off that bit of wood.............before that pic was taken:D

Maybe it slipped of the wood after the sale was agreed and monies paid for we could have an exciting new twist!!

Al did sell the bike as described but while owned by Nick but being stored for him the damaged occurred.

That being correct, which it is by UKGSER hang'em first and seek the truth latter protocol, means the question is:

Should Al be responsible for damage to a bike being stored by him
Was he being paid for storage - Maybe not by a defined amount but as part of the sale agreed
If it was storing for a friend (Nick) should he be liable for damage, he was only doing it a favour

I'm going with the last scenario which should lead to a handshake off these things happen because its not worth unpicking the what is the right thing t do in that circumstance - I've just dropped your bike but only because it was still with me

Maybe it slipped of the wood after the sale was agreed and monies paid for we could have an exciting new twist!!

Al did sell the bike as described but while owned by Nick but being stored for him that that damaged occurred.

That being correct, which it is by UKGSER hang'em first and seek the truth latter protocol, means the question is:

Was he being paid for storage - Maybe not by a defined amount but as part of the sale agreed
If it was storing for a friend (Nick) should he be liable for damage, he was only doing it a favour

The plot thickens,I hope it comes to a conclusion soon,I'm running out of popcorn and potato based snacks.

Al did sell the bike as described but while owned by Nick but being stored for him the damaged occurred.

I'm going with the last scenario which should lead to a handshake off these things happen because its not worth unpicking the what is the right thing t do in that circumstance - I've just dropped your bike but only because it was still with me

I'm watching with interest to see if Cardiff football club still have to pay for Emiliano Sala :(

Thank you, everyone, for all of your help with this, and very supportive messages, many of you appear equally saddened by Nick and PaulG’s actions. It would appear extremly likely, on reviewing all pictures very carefully, that said damage either occurred in transit, or in Nick’s company. Neither of these are my fault. Maybe that is why my refund was refused on 3 seperate occasions- be ause I would clearly see that it was not in the same condition that it left me in. If just seems wrong that, between Nick Marshall and PaulG’s intimate discussions, I am the fall guy. Put simply, these are the facts:
20 or so large pictures of the bike sent to buyer before purchase.
Detailed phone calls x 2 prior to purchase.
Informed buy buyer after purchase that he didn’t want it, and would I store it for him until he had sold it- I did, for 10 weeks, in my garage. No charge.
Buyer found by me, a mechanic who knew the bike well, offering £2000, which Nick accepted. Unfortunately, this fell through.
After receiving an extremly rude email to my home, upsetting both my wife and I, I still offered £2000 back, with an extra name on V5 and more miles.
If it was as bad as described on arrival, why didn’t Nick simply refuse it?
More than 24 hours later, after going out on it, the rude email arrives. Seeing as the damage shown is cosmetic, why go out riding on it? Why not complain immediately.
I am told by Nick that he knows the mod very well, and he’ll sort it out.
PaulG, wthout contact me at all, just sends me a 2 line pm, telling me I am banned from that section.
I then retrieve Nick’s thread photos- diffucult, as I no longer have access. That condition is obviously totaly different to the condition that it left my house in!! Was this ever considered by PaulG... clearly not.
Despite numerous attempts to contact PaulG (9 in total), I simply receive one reply stating I am to “accept his decision”
Thank you for the many messages of support, and also to the ones stating they too have had troubles after selling Nick something.
To those whom have purchased bikes/watches (Rolex) or both in the past, you have my email, and I will continue with the hobby I love, and remain proud of the reputation I had built up prior to this.
Unfortunately, after much thought, I have decided that the only option remaining wil be to not re-new my site membership when it becomes due shortly. I shall not be making any further posts on the site. For me, when two folk can behave like this together, acting against an individual who did everything that he felt he could, then this is not the site for me. To Nick- I’m sorry that you did not want the bike, or my 3 offers of a refund, but that diesn’t excuse your behaviour. To PaulG, maybe next time, establish the propper facts before taking such action.
It’s been a great 10 years in the main, many thanks,
Alistair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom