Mini Trip. Triumph Factory

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
Any excuse to get out at moment ............ :)

Just in case youve not been.

Its split into 2 bits really.

Theres a museum, and the tour of the actual factory.

Museum is free and factory tour is a pay job which lasts about 2 hours according to guide.

I didnt have time for that but did the museum.

Again this is in 2 bits really.

Downstairs is kind of standard museum time line stuff. Upstairs is more R and D centric.

Good cafe. Secure parking. Free lockers. Uber professional staff.

A real credit to Triumph I recon.

Anyway worth a visit, I will be doing the factory tour for sure.

Nice.......

162d29c5383c7d2ba6f99cf3a2a55958.jpg
ee1b0190f3fc97a7ed208f36d6be529c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well worth a diversion.

Hinkley well central and it's a good secure brew stop if nothing else.

Recommended

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Looks good. When you see things like the first photo makes me wonder what the designers would produce given free reign to do as they like

Indeed.

I suspect its a kind of counter measure, counter counter measure type of thing with designers and legislators.

Euro 4 5 6 etc etc

Heres the regs..................go build around them

Had a visit today as part of my mini GB tour. Very nice museum and the actual factory tour was informative and interesting. The guide was good fun too. This is my third factory tour, the others being KTM and Ducati. :thumb2

If you get your bike Hilltop'd it is just around the corner, worth a visit and tea & cakes are not bad, also not far from Moto Central good selection of clothing there.

If you want nice meal and a decent pint, try The Railway (by the station doh) - the 1485 beer is to die for. The Billy pie is lovely

Crikey you could spend the day in Hinckley!! Invented the Hansom Cab there, famous for socks and Sea Bands

Triumph factory tour

We done the factory tour a couple of months ago. unfortunately the steve McQueen bike wasn't there. We went on a Friday as we wanted to see the factory producing bikes.
we had a 12.30 tour but the factory finishes work at 12.00. on a Friday. but there was a few people doing quality control. but the production line wasn't operational.
very interesting though. good café. upstairs Triumph clothing was for sale 50% off.
worth a visit

I did call in to see Geoff at Hilltop....I had my bike done two years ago and just wanted to see the new setup and tell him how happy I am with the improvement.

Looks and sounds good.

Must sort that with maybe at least one overnighter some time soon.

Anyone needing digs for night I’m about 40 mins nice ride away. Secure bike garage too

It seemed and sounded like a kind hearted offer.

Until I saw your avatar. :eek :eek :D

Back
Top Bottom