First ride on new steed

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a short ride along towards Ullapool, stopped at Gascarnoch dam. Quite warm at 12deg. Roads pretty dry and not much traffic.

Attachments

• 20190321_143004.jpg
    20190321_143004.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 20190321_143038.jpg
    20190321_143038.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 20190321_143059.jpg
    20190321_143059.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 431
that looks very nice busy Builder and the tank bag looks as though it is going to fall off make sure it is fixed on properly W

that looks very nice busy Builder and the tank bag looks as though it is going to fall off make sure it is fixed on properly Wh

and your first impressions are?

After having an RT LC for 4 years, it's very similar, but lighter, feels a bit faster too. Bit sportier riding position, pegs just right, bars okay maybe a little low, but will persevere for a while to see.
I like the display, but I think the sat nag is too low and not in ideal glance at position, I looked at fixings and may have a go at turning bracket around 180 degs. Seat is comfy too. I removed the pannier brackets as have no intention of using them. I need to get the hang of the controls, especially the wheel, as it appears different to my old RT.

On the whole I think the bike is a keeper, it reminds me of my old Boxercup, but way faster.

I got an excellent deal, as apparently there were only 3 new ones left I paid £12,042 OTR, for a Sport SE with everything, incl alarm which I didn't really want. It has ABS Pro and strange brake light flasher thing. The PR4's are good too.

Not too shabby then :D

I agree about the sat-nav position though, but I can live with it.

I like the position of the bars, although I had to rotate the levers and controls slightly for comfort, as the riding position keeps a lot of the weight off my arse!

:beerjug:

Just picked mine up this morning. It feels very small and light compared to my old GS LC, although there’s a lot more windblast and it’s a bit heavy on the wrists.

It’s very quick though, the quick shifter works brilliantly, the heated grips are actually hot (rather than luke warm) and the gearbox is very slick.

64bfdd3970228a3230d24872657ed448.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike looks great!

Awesome roads around there, love the twisties alongside Glasgarnoch. Not been in the Aultguish for a year or two. The road South from Breamore Junction is delightful, down thru Dundonnel, Gruinard etc...

Jealous!

Just picked mine up this morning. It feels very small and light compared to my old GS LC, although there’s a lot more windblast and it’s a bit heavy on the wrists.

It’s very quick though, the quick shifter works brilliantly, the heated grips are actually hot (rather than luke warm) and the gearbox is very slick.

64bfdd3970228a3230d24872657ed448.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice (the bike too). :D

Looks good Sven, better colour than all black. Enjoy the bike, I agree about the quickshifter and smooooooth gearbox.

Looks good Sven, better colour than all black. Enjoy the bike, I agree about the quickshifter and smooooooth gearbox.

Just ordered a hugger, but looking for recommendations for tank paint protection. The paint was marked after a 120 mile convoluted route home through the Trough of Bowland and the Yorkshire Dales

I just searched for R1200RS tank pad on eBay, can’t remember who I bought them from but was pleased with colours.

Back
Top Bottom