Just pre-ordered Domio Pro+

Hi

Has anyone actually received one of these yet?

I e-mailed the company with some questions and received no reply.

Beginning to feel like a bit of a scam.

Looks interesting; be interested to see how it works with navigator, Tft etc

Nothing yet

Ordered at same time as everyone else to have it for Europe this summer.
Home again and still nothing.
Occasional email to give me a progress report, it's always "Jam Tomorrow".
Each email has a box to click on to describe the never ending impending delivery as "Awesome"
but none to say "Shite"
The jury is still out on whether I will ever get one off them.
Myke

Oh well, glad it's not just me.......Only hope if/when it finally arrives it is indeed "awesome" and not "shite":D

I’ve registered an interest, but certainly won’t be paying anything before people on here start receiving theirs.

Last update I had was 18th of this month saying they were 25% through deliveries of pre ordered items (just how long does it take to parcel up and post??:blast) , getting very teed off with it now

Hi

I've finally given up on this and have submitted a Section 75 claim with Barclaycard.

Despite emailing the company to ask for an update, I received no reply.

I sent them an email and got this reply:

Hey

Thanks a million for backing us! The project is complete and we have finally started to ship the Domio Pros in chronological order. 70 % of the orders have already been shipped and we expect to complete the rest within 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope you will be able to wait a little longer.

Can't wait for you to try out the product.

Happy Holidays
-Makayla

On Tue, Dec 24 2019, at 05:22 PM, None wrote:
Wondering about my order?
===========================================================
it is now only about 8 months since I ordered it.
We shall see;
Myke

Hey

Thanks a million for backing us! The project is complete and we have finally started to ship the Domio Pros in chronological order. 70 % of the orders have already been shipped and we expect to complete the rest within 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope you will be able to wait a little longer.

Can't wait for you to try out the product.

Happy Holidays
-Makayla

On Tue, Dec 24 2019, at 05:22 PM, None wrote:
Wondering about my order?
===========================================================
it is now only about 8 months since I ordered it.
We shall see;
Myke

Do you think it’s a scam then? :nenau

I had a 360 camera and accessories on order through Indiegogo , 6 months or more after the finally promised delivery the camera turned up but nothing else. Some 6 months past that period the "team" is uncontactable despite collecting somewhere near £700,000 in funds. It seems some "inventors" do this on a regular basis so be cautious with your investments.

fbd91c934293bd3f3ff34fa4e242889c.png

2a012f6d3516ea091c55015346cc2275.png

Jury is out. Will know the verdict in a couple of weeks. In the last 2 years I have been scammed twice. This may make it no. 3

Hi

This must surely be a complete scam, and waste of everyone's time.

Domio don't return emails, and now Barclaycard say they can't provide a refund as I'm outside of the time frame covered by S.75.

Bill

Poor review here
https://motorbikewriter.com/domio-moto-bluetooth-helmet-speaker/

he advantages are that you have no messy wires and there are no speakers uncomfortably pressing against your ears.

Sadly, the Domio Moto audio system isn’t any better than the Headwave system.

Sound quality is dull and mono only, there is little bass, and the sound is drowned out by wind noise at speeds over 60km/h on a bike without a windscreen and 80km/h on bikes with screens.

I also tried them with filtered earplugs to drown out the wind noise. These are very effective with traditional Bluetooth units where the speakers are next to your ears as the filters are directional.

However, in this case, the sound is non-directional, so with the earplugs in I could hardly hear the music even at slow speeds.

Domio sits in a cradle and they provide you with two so you can swap from helmet to helmet, while the Headwave unit sticks directly to the helmet, so it will only go on one helmet.

After my Headwave review, the makers accused me of not sticking it on properly, yet I had followed all their instructions.

Again, I followed the instructions this time to the letter: I found a smooth surface on the helmet with no joins or vents; I cleaned it carefully; and I firmly stuck it on with the supplied cradle.

Back
Top Bottom