Innovv K2 and battery drain

malcopopolo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Purchased an Innovv K2 in September 2018 - and immediately fitted it to my very newly acquired 2016 GS.

Been very pleased with it but the unit is not displaying video files correctly. Not a problem as its under warranty paid for by credit card.

On a side note in October i noticed my battery going flat after 4 days and the bike struggled to start. Not to worry i thought it could well be the battery. Purchased a brand new high capacity battery and the bike still struggles after 5 days.

Not to worry - when bike is serviced next i will speak to the dealer.

Now then after checking the Innovv forums it appears that the main power module from Jan 2019 has been redesigned as it is known fault in that it draws to much current in park mode even when park mode switched off.

Have emailed Innovv today and will let you know their response.

Just thought I would share incase anyone else having the same problems.

https://www.innovv.com/forum/innovv-k2/how-innovv-k2-smart-converter-works%3Fpage%3D2

Following as had same issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had any issues with the DVR of the camera interfering with the signal from the TPMS’s?

How did you get the replacement power module ?

go on to the uk website and and use the contact email option.

Explain that your battery is being drained after a few days and the bike wont start. I received a response 3 days later and it was shipped from China but took about 4 to 5 days.

Have you had any issues with the DVR of the camera interfering with the signal from the TPMS’s?

No - but i have ferrite cores on the camera cables. 4 on each one. I know it is not interfering as TPMS warned me that both tyres were under inflated which they were. 1st ride of the season and i did not check pressures before hand.

You need 5 mm ferrite cores

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10Pcs-Black-Clip-On-Clamp-RFI-EMI-Noise-Filters-Ferrite-Core-For-5mm-Cable/132871549425?hash=item1eefc2f1f1:g:mo8AAOSwl89b~6lF

Great, thanks. I will try them!

Back
Top Bottom