XR

Phatcat

Reaction score
I must admit, I was struggling letting the GSA go, I really enjoyed it, but 2 up, luggage fully fuelled it was just too heavy for me, although I enjoyed every minute with it.
I took a Kawasaki H2 out thinking it could be the bike for me, and possibly it was,but it certainly wasn't for the mrs! Bloody expensive too.
On the way home from Preston superbikes I called into Bowker motorrad and did a deal on this there and then. Just got home on it and all I can say is STUNNING!http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
The rep at Bowker couldn't have been more helpful and efficient :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 692
Congratulations, been out on mine today and due to work and shite weather had forgotten what a brilliant bike they are :D Enjoy :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 672
Very nice, and one of my favorite bikes I’ve owned. I’m looking forward to seeing the next generation XR when BMW announce it at the end of the year.

Nice...I ride a 16 plate GSA 1200 and this is the one I look at every time I go in the dealers...:blast

They really are a fantastic bike. Just bought the extended warranty for mine ('17) and have enjoyed every mile including fully laden Italy tour twos up.
Can't wait for new one to come probably next bike but also the multi v4.

They are fantastic bikes, very quick, very smooth, loaded with good features, biullet proof engine and mine was faultless over 2 years I had it.I've just sold it to a good mate who's loving riding it too!

I've replaced with a KTM coz Nutty said I should and I always do what Nutty recommends ;) :D

Like the colour scheme on your one, and hope you have much fun on it :beerjug:

So, a couple of weeks in with it now so I've got a fair idea of what it's all about and got to say I love it. I won't state the obvious and say it's blindingly fast because we all know they are, but what has amazed me is just how well it handles, its very stable in the corners at speed, holds its line perfectly and I just love how you can confidently wind it on out of a bend.
Farlkes wise I'm going to leave pretty much alone. I've put on rad and oil cooler guards as they look very vulnerable and expensive, I'm looking into the crash bobbins/bars options ( advice appreciated) and I'm just about to set off to Allen Jeffries to pick up the necessary bits to convert the sat nav mount as per Nuttys old thread on here. ( you see, he does have some uses!)

So, a couple of weeks in with it now so I've got a fair idea of what it's all about and got to say I love it. I won't state the obvious and say it's blindingly fast because we all know they are, but what has amazed me is just how well it handles, its very stable in the corners at speed, holds its line perfectly and I just love how you can confidently wind it on out of a bend.
Farlkes wise I'm going to leave pretty much alone. I've put on rad and oil cooler guards as they look very vulnerable and expensive, I'm looking into the crash bobbins/bars options ( advice appreciated) and I'm just about to set off to Allen Jeffries to pick up the necessary bits to convert the sat nav mount as per Nuttys old thread on here. ( you see, he does have some uses!)

I thought about crash bobbins when i had mine

Then i had a word with myself along the lines of " if you throw this thing up the road crash bobbins will come a very poor second to thye insurance payout !"

Save yourelf a few quid and dont bother is my advice unless you are prone to dropping them on their side off the stand as any other tarmac bike interface will probably write it off

My XR in for service tomorrow, taking an R1250R hp out, looks tidy bike. Anyone tried one?

crash bobbins might be handy in low speed low sides...those panels at front are not cheap to replace but nor are they soo expensive that you would call the insurance man out, I chucked mine down the road on bloody gritting salt on the roundabout and learnt the hard way.

After ten years on various GS/GSA bikes

I have just ordered a triple black XR from Preston, been thinking about it for a long time hope it serves me as well as the GS LC has :thumby:

I thought about crash bobbins when i had mine

Then i had a word with myself along the lines of " if you throw this thing up the road crash bobbins will come a very poor second to thye insurance payout !"

Save yourelf a few quid and dont bother is my advice unless you are prone to dropping them on their side off the stand as any other tarmac bike interface will probably write it off

I got punted from behind by a cage driver, bike went on its side, no damage to forks, needed new exhaust, back wheel, handle bars and a fairing panel. Bugger all crash bungs would have done for this, bike didn't get written off either.

Back
Top Bottom