Akrapovic SS headers mixed with an Sc Project High Level slip on

damodici

Reaction score
Ok so I've not got the bike yet (couple of weeks), but as always I'm spending money like its going out of fashion on extras :)

In regards to the exhaust i was just going to go with the SC Project High Level slip on (titanium), i have no use for pillion pegs so lets not worry about those or panniers.

The question then is whether Akra SS headers will line up in the same way that the standard headers would, and therefore line up with how the SC project is supposed to attach/fit? I would assume so, but assumption has cost me dearly in the past :)

So lets say they do, would i also 'need' to get a remap immediately so not to throw any codes or run far too lean?

Or would the bike run ok for a bit until i could then throw more money at it and get an ECU map, Rapid bike or PCV?

And then in regards to those 3 options, what would be the better bet? I would again 'assume' an ecu map, but I've been wrong in the past

Questions questions questions:blast

Well it seems through my powers of research (google and forums) the Akra SS header do in fact line up the same, so thats answered most of this :)

it also seems that there are quite a few people running the headers perfectly well with the stock ecu without any fueling change, so again perhaps I'm ok to run it and see.

Then i guess we're back to ecu mapping at a later date and who's best to go to?

Hilltop. There are often “group deals” to be had on here and I think the next one is sometime in April.

Happy days, appreciate the heads up.

Any idea of his normal costs when no discount is running?

Definitely remap. The ECU on the XR doesn’t learn at all, as I fitted a full system on mine and it ran like a dog when we removed the headers at resale time, and didn’t adjust the fuelling.

Definitely remap. The ECU on the XR doesn’t learn at all, as I fitted a full system on mine and it ran like a dog when we removed the headers at resale time, and didn’t adjust the fuelling.

Maybe it's bike to bike, I've read a few posts on the S1000xr forum and a couple have ran the akrapovic headers with the lamda sensors in place, apparently without any detrimental effect.

The arrow headers from what I gather don't have locations for the sensors so wouldn't have thought they'd be ok.

Were yours the akrapovic headers?

Cheers

The Akrapovic website states that “For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike-akrapovic-maps/, where you can download the mapping”. Or you could contact them about whether they recommend Hilltop, or not.

The Akrapovic website states that “For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike-akrapovic-maps/, where you can download the mapping”. Or you could contact them about whether they recommend Hilltop, or not.

Cheers papasquelch

Back
Top Bottom